Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-11-27, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnDude View Post
Just checking in if we have any more new owners purchasing in Phase 2 or 3 of Blackstone?

It looks like Cardel has almost sold out of creek and ravine lots in Phase 2 and they are completely sold out of townhomes in Phase 3, although they haven't even broke ground on the towns behind the park yet and those lots have been sold for awhile. A few more foundations and frames are going up on Oxer and Sceptre (?). Anyone with school aged kids moving into the neighbourhood?

Anyone else wondering what they are doing with those stacked towns on Livery? They certainly don't seem to be marketing them on their website.
Hi BlkStnDude,
Back in April, we purchased one of the Cardel Phase 2 creek lots. We had been waiting for the creek lots to become available for a year and a half. Originally, we wanted to build the Windermere model - but unfortunately it was cancelled by Cardel before the lot became available, so we decided on the Chesapeake.

We have 2 children, one of which is school-aged and attending grade one at John Young. The other will still be in daycare for a while.

We take possession mid-January and are excited about our new home and meeting new neighbours!
Old 2017-11-27, 11:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwallflower View Post
Hi BlkStnDude,
Back in April, we purchased one of the Cardel Phase 2 creek lots. We had been waiting for the creek lots to become available for a year and a half. Originally, we wanted to build the Windermere model - but unfortunately it was cancelled by Cardel before the lot became available, so we decided on the Chesapeake.

We have 2 children, one of which is school-aged and attending grade one at John Young. The other will still be in daycare for a while.

We take possession mid-January and are excited about our new home and meeting new neighbours!
Welcome to you and your family redwallflower! Lots of young kids in the area. You'll want to contact the school and OSTA about the bus if your school age child will take the bus. There are 2 different buses that service the neighbourhood that go to John Young. If you are in Phase 2 I believe your bus would be V125.

The Chesapeake is a nice model and very similar to the Windermere if I remember.

I understand there is a community page on Face - book that you might want to join. This discussion board doesn't seem to get as much traffic after it crashed and lost a lot of previous posts and chatter.
Old 2017-11-30, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnDude View Post
Welcome to you and your family redwallflower! Lots of young kids in the area. You'll want to contact the school and OSTA about the bus if your school age child will take the bus. There are 2 different buses that service the neighbourhood that go to John Young. If you are in Phase 2 I believe your bus would be V125.

The Chesapeake is a nice model and very similar to the Windermere if I remember.

I understand there is a community page on Face - book that you might want to join. This discussion board doesn't seem to get as much traffic after it crashed and lost a lot of previous posts and chatter.
Thank you for the welcome and for the helpful tips about buses and the community FB page. We are really excited to move into our new home. We live very close by, but in a 40+ year old home. The creek lot and the new, open concept home will be SO nice!
Old 2018-01-01, 07:14 PM
Regular User

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question, hoping someone could answer.

I've been looking at Cardel Dexter and at Mattamy Honeybell. The dimensions for the garages all say 2 car garage, but can anyone confirm if this is actually true. Or is this like Valecraft and it's a 1 1/2 car garage.

I just don't see the point of calling it something it's not and paying for something I cannot utilize...yes, I am one of those shocking people who actually uses their garage.

Does anyone have a garage with the dimensions of either
18'4" x 19'8"
or
18'10" x 20'2"

And can confirm if they fit actual 2 cars (say a sedan and small suv, think Fusion and Escape)

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
Valecraft: Marseilles II End - Trailwest
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Caivan: Series 1, Plan 2
June 4, 2020

Old 2018-01-02, 07:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
Does anyone have a garage with the dimensions of either
18'4" x 19'8"
or
18'10" x 20'2"

And can confirm if they fit actual 2 cars (say a sedan and small suv, think Fusion and Escape)
We aren't in this community but I can offer some insight on the two cars thing. Our garage is 18'x20'. We fit a Sienna minivan and a Prius C in it.

The Sienna has to kiss the front wall to allow enough room to walk around the back. The Prius has to go in at an angle in order to allow a little more than 2ft between the cars (right-side mirror almost touching side wall). We have nothing else on either side of the garage. Snowblower fits at the back wall in between the two cars. Stairs are in front of the Prius.

*Be warned though, the location of the stairs and their footprint can make or break your ability to get two cars in...we ended up having to rip ours out and rebuild them or neither car would have fit.
Old 2018-01-03, 07:42 PM
Regular User

I'll second that. If fitting 2 cars is important make sure you see the elevation drawings of the home before you sign. Ideally no more than 2 steps, otherwise a landing is required by code. A landing at the back, near the middle of a 20' deep garage means forget about getting a truck or minivan in at all. You could request a dropped mudroom (at a cost) to eliminate a landing or steps if the lot would otherwise require it, but not all builders will accommodate, (Cardel probably would, Mattamy I doubt) Better to just select a lot that only requires one or no steps.
Old 2018-06-28, 01:05 PM

Default Appliance installation; first time home owner

I need some advice regarding appliance installation as a first-time homeowner. I bought all my appliances from Canadian Appliance, and there is a $100 installation fee for each piece. I have bought a slide-in electric range and over the range hood, and the fridge has a water line. Anyone knows any contractors with better prices? Should I try to install some of them myself?
Old 2018-07-03, 10:18 AM
Regular User

The slide in stove is easy. The fridge is not that bad either, the only issue was my dishwasher I had to drill under cabinets since the builder only pr-remake holes in the near by cabinet but the sink is far away. Good luck
Old 2018-07-04, 11:46 PM
Regular User

We have an 18' x 20' and fit 2 SUVs in there (Nissan Murano and Nissan Rogue). No problems!
Old 2018-08-23, 04:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
We have an 18' x 20' and fit 2 SUVs in there (Nissan Murano and Nissan Rogue). No problems!
Did you ever measure your garage interior dimension after move in?

Mine is Chesapeake model, garage suppose to be 18*21; for the depth of 21 ft, it looked shallower compared to my current house . my current house has 20*21 garage . I could barely open my rav4 backdoor when garage door closed

So I use tape to measure the actual width and depth of garage to get some idea, it turned out the interior dimension is 16'10" in width and close to 20' depth from concrete wall to garage door . it is 21 if you added the door thick to the driveway edge of garage