Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Georgetown / Acton

Georgetown / Acton For residents of and soon-to-be residents of the towns of Halton Hills.

Old 2005-08-29, 06:44 PM
Regular User

Default Four Corners Georgetown

Hi All

Just wondering if there are any future Four Corners Georgetown residents
out there? Our moving date is October 13th/2005 and we will be moving
onto Lily Lane. Look forward to hearing from you?

LT
Old 2005-08-30, 10:54 AM
Regular User

Hi LT!

So good to see you again!! We're still looking at closing on November 17th although we'll be bridging our financing until the end of November. I think our best bet would be to book the movers for the 18th just in case there's any type of hold up with getting the keys from the builder. It's getting awfully exciting!!! Have you been checking out the site quite often?
Old 2005-08-30, 07:39 PM
Regular User

Default Hi Cop's Wife

Hi Cop's Wife

It's good to hear from you again as well! I can't believe that after all
of this waiting it's fast approaching that we are moving in. I'm starting to
get very excited. Rob visits the site once a week and brings me back a progress report. I've been up a few times to see the house in different stages.

Hopefully, now that we are up on this forum we can hear from a few more Four Corners residents and then set up another time to get together.

Take Care,
LT
Old 2005-09-01, 11:16 AM

Default Georgetown - Four Corners

Hi LT and cops_wife, its good that we have a way to communicate again. It's me divad (I decided to change my previous username).

Well, they finally started to build our house, however, we received a letter last week stating that our new closing will be March 1st. (yes, you read correctly, March 1st). We don't quite understand why but what can we do, since the prices have gone up so much.

Anyway, I'll just have to visit you guys once you move in.

Take care for now.
Old 2005-09-01, 01:12 PM
Regular User

Hi donal!!!

So good to see you again Sorry to hear that you've been delayed (yet again)...it's so frustrating! Hopefully the same doesn't happen to us now that our house is up for sale. I just don't know what we'd do if that happened.

Please keep in touch!
Old 2005-09-06, 01:04 PM
Regular User

Default Garbage pickup and Mail Delivery

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has moved into the Four Corners yet?
If so I just have a few questions: Like where do we pick up our mail?
and what day is garbage day, do they give out blue/grey boxes?

Thanks,
LT
Old 2005-09-06, 11:52 PM
Regular User

LT:

If you contact the Georgetown post office and give them your new address they'll be able to advise you as to where your personal mailbox will be located and which box you'll need to put a lock on.

Re: garbage pick up...it'll all depend on which street you're living on. Contact the town of Georgetown and they can transfer you to their works department. Usually that's where you'll have to go and pick up your recycling box (1 complimentary and most towns charge $5 or so for any extras you require).

Hope this helps you out a little!
Old 2005-09-07, 08:51 AM
Regular User

Hi All,

Good to see everyone is still around.

We're still here, and yes we've moved into the subdivision. Our closing on August 4 went fairly smoothly. Considering we were one of the first in it wasn't too bad. The first few days were pretty dusty, since we were in the tail end of that heat wave and didn't have our A/C installed yet, but no major complaints.

I thought of changing my name, but figure I'll do it later. We just got our phone hooked up last week, and we're still waiting on our cable and internet, so we've been a bit out of touch. It looks like the phone and cable issues vary from street to street and what side you are on, so hopefully it should all be resolved before everyone else moves in.

Ballantine Drive is almost fully populated now and Milfoil is at least 50% populated now, and there seems to be a few other houses that are occupied scattered around the subdivision.

Since the subdivision is unassumed, there is no current garbage and mail service. Mail can be picked up at the post office on Maple and Highway 7 and garbage is supposed to be dropped off at the Waste Management Site in Milton.
Old 2005-09-07, 11:23 AM
Regular User

Default Re: Thanks for the Info

Hi Patienly Wating

It's great to hear from you again. I'm glad that your move went smoothly.
I'm actually up there twice a day picking up and dropping off my oldest at the bus stop and I can't wait to move up in October especially with these gas prices.

Your next door neighbour told me about the problems with getting your
phone hooked up, thank goodness that's sorted out now.

I can't believe that you have to travel to Milton to drop off garbage, that's crazy. Hopefully, it will be sorted out soon as well, especially now that more and more people are moving into the subdivison.

Congratulations and keep us posted on life in Four Corners.

Cop's Wife thanks for the info as well.

Take Care,
LT
Old 2005-09-07, 02:57 PM

HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY MOVED INTO A BROOKFIELD HOME?
IF SO,ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THE CONSTRUCTION AND FINISH?
RJW