Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2009-02-16, 05:11 PM
Regular User

Default Need a copy of the Mackenzie floorplan in AltonVilage by Sundial.

Anyone has (by any chance) a copy of the floor plan of the Mackenzie detached on a 36' lot ?
Old 2009-02-16, 05:34 PM
Regular User

There has not been an electronic version of this plan since I have been visiting the site for the last year and a half.

You can get paper copies from the Sundial office as they are still selling them.

Old 2009-02-16, 07:48 PM
Regular User

Yeah, thats what I thought too. I went to the sales centre 2 days ago and they did not have a bunch of floor plans.

Does anyone know if they will have another phase on that development ?
Old 2009-02-16, 10:14 PM
Regular User

Default Mackenzie not on 36 ft lots...

If I had a scanner I would scan the layout for you guys. The Mackenzie model most likely will not be on 36 ft lot. They would be bigger because these homes are designated corner lots. Also when we put our deposit in way back there was a $5K premium. Maybe it is different now due to the recession.
What are the going prices now for the mackenzie model?? And I'm pretty sure there will be another phase but only when the majority of the current phase is sold out!
Old 2009-02-16, 10:51 PM

Bad quality, but better then nothing I suppose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	house002.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	3774   Click image for larger version

Name:	house003.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	3775  
Old 2009-02-17, 12:30 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialing View Post
If I had a scanner I would scan the layout for you guys. The Mackenzie model most likely will not be on 36 ft lot. They would be bigger because these homes are designated corner lots. Also when we put our deposit in way back there was a $5K premium. Maybe it is different now due to the recession.
What are the going prices now for the mackenzie model?? And I'm pretty sure there will be another phase but only when the majority of the current phase is sold out!
I went to the sales centre this weekend and it was jam packed with people buying the new semis (starting at 249K) so it was a zoo and the sales rep did not have time to talk to us much, but said they still had 1 mackenzie left on an irregular 43' lot (54' front thou) available at 400.990,00 + lot premium which she said would be another 10K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlington View Post
Bad quality, but better then nothing I suppose.
THANK you so much ! I tried to find that floor plan everywhere to no luck. Your effort is much appreciated.

On a side note. What you guys think about this development at this point in time ? Im in a comfortable townhouse now that serves my needs but want to upsize a bit and in terms of value theres nothing out there now close to this price range in Mississauga or Oakville. My concern is that with the market as it is now, prices might drop quite a bit before I have a chance to sell my current house and close the new one.

What have you guys bought ?
Old 2009-02-17, 02:03 AM
Regular User

I bought an Orinoco.
Regarding the question about these models being available in the next phase, I got a new flyer in the mail for Sundial-Alton village. and it was advertising those new semi's just released. But it was also advertising the next phase of detached homes were all new models. Called something like the 'Mountain' Models.
Seems as though they might be all different homes this time around. If anyone else can comment or knows anything about this, let us know.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:07 AM
Regular User

I remember looking at the lot you are describing. 43 in the back and 54 in the front. The wife didn't like the irregular lot shape, so we went with another Mackenzie lot. I know you get like free $5000 upgrade package. But since you are paying a premium for the lot, make sure you try and ask for other stuff(free upgrades on top of the $5 grand). Try to talk to them on a non busy day. But with the fury of people buying the semis, it might be tough..
I think the current Sundial development is the last piece in the Alton Village master plan. As for your worries about the market, only time can tell. There are numerous posts about a decline in housing prices in 2009, and then slightly picking up by 2010. When is the closing date for this lot?? Most of the current Sundial builds have a 1 to 4 month delay. So I'm guessing the homes being sold right now will also be delayed. I don't see Sundial reducing the prices on the 36 ft detached by too much if people are still buying them up. I'm guessing the 43ft lots are harder to get rid of when they are approaching the high $400. When you were at the sales center, was there still a lot of unsold detached lots??
Old 2009-02-17, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinoco on Fuller View Post
I bought an Orinoco.
Regarding the question about these models being available in the next phase, I got a new flyer in the mail for Sundial-Alton village. and it was advertising those new semi's just released. But it was also advertising the next phase of detached homes were all new models. Called something like the 'Mountain' Models.
Seems as though they might be all different homes this time around. If anyone else can comment or knows anything about this, let us know.
I rather doubt there would be new models introduced in future phases but I could be wrong. Maybe they will "tweak" the models? I don't think it would be cost effective for Sundial to introduce totally different models.

My guess is instead of "Creek Lots" they will call some "Mountain Lots" that have a bit of a unobstructed view of the escarpment. That way they can get there premium price for some lots