Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2012-10-11, 11:04 AM
Bulina Bulina is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Default Renegotiate deal with builder prior to closing

Hi there,

Our house is still under construction, closing end of November. We counter-offered 3 times until we firmed up the offer, which was accepted by the Builder. This happened 6-7 months ago.

At the time we signed the offer, they were advertising 20k in upgrades and we were able to get 32k in upgrades after all the counter-offers.

Now, as of September, on their website they are offering 35K in upgrades.

Any thoughts on whether or not we can renegotiate at this point (or how to?) and get them to honour their new promotion?

We are not closing for another month.

Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:36 AM
good2know's Avatar
good2know good2know is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,787

they have no obligation to do that but can always try

have the prices also gone up?
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:38 AM
nielboy nielboy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ancaster, Ontario
Posts: 258

Once you signed on the dotted line, the builder isn't going to budge one bit.
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 05:10 PM
jeffjc jeffjc is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 739

what builder?
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 11:52 PM
GregS's Avatar
GregS GregS is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,241

Why would they do this exactly?

You already came to an agreement on the home 7 months ago. Home will be ready in a month.

Those who may get the new deal will have to wait another 8 months to get their new home. So do you want to wait another 8 months again for $3000? You'd probably spend at least that on rent over that period of time.
We do everything for
Audio - Video - Data - Security
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

Reply With Quote


builder, lower purchase price, offer, renegotiate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anxiety of Closing the deal - Alton Village Bhoot1 Burlington 4 2011-11-10 12:36 PM
AC with builder or after closing? Oxford Ottawa 3 2010-04-26 09:35 AM
Access to house prior to closing? Newhomeowner2010 Burlington 15 2009-11-25 10:07 AM
Who to contact prior to closing asparagus Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 3 2008-11-10 06:56 PM
need to arrange home insurance 21 days prior to closing ? rajesh_maripalli Ottawa 3 2008-07-03 11:46 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.