Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Mississauga

Mississauga Cachet Estate, Bond Homes, Arista, Mattamy, Daniels, Fieldgate, Great Gulf, Heathwood, Greenpark, Regal Crest, Legend Homes, Paradise Homes, Remington Homes, Saberwood, Sundance, Fernbrook, Stone Manor, Townwood and more!

Old 2012-10-12, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Default Upgrades - Starlane

Thanks. Can you post the upgrade pricing and let us know how much (%) deposit was required
Old 2012-10-24, 09:41 PM

Default Colour selection process

Hi All,

Was hoping somebody could shed some light on the whole colour selection process. Once they call you in for the first appointment, do you have to decide everything right there? Is there a second, third, etc. appointment to follow? Also, do they provide you the list of optional upgrades and pricing before going into the appointment?

We have yet to receive a call for our appointment but wanted to get a head start in terms of comparing upgrade pricing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 2012-10-25, 03:29 PM

Default Colour Selection Process

Hi Honger83,

You will have 1-2 appointments with the decor center. I say 1 to 2 because it is really up to you, and how much time you need to make your upgrade selections.

The first appointment is to go over your plumbing and electrical upgrades. You can also make your colour selections (for bathrooms, kitchen, etc.) at this appointment, but you don't have to if you feel you need more time. You can go back for a second appointment to do the colour selections and finalize everything at that time.

And no, I don't believe they will send you a list of upgrades and pricing before the appointment. This is because there are endless upgrades you can do and the list would probably too long, and it is impossible for them to give you pricing because the price would be likely be different for each model home (e.g. price to do same upgrade for a townhome is going to be less expensive than a single detached because the townhome is smaller in square footage). Hope this helps.
Old 2012-10-25, 03:33 PM

Default Upgrades

Hi Homebuyer1,

Regarding your question on how much of the upgrades needs to be paid upfront:

Any upgrades under $5K, you will need to pay right away. If the amount is over $5K, you will need to pay 50% up front and you can pay the remaining 50% either at closing or add it to your mortgage.

Hope that helps.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:17 PM

Thanks Newhomebuyer101!

So just to clarify - when I make the selections for upgrades, there will be pricing available at that time? Or do I make the selection and the builder comes back to me with the pricing. The reason I'm asking is because I saw some people on this forum talk about getting a quote for the upgrades.

Thanks again!
Old 2012-10-26, 07:53 AM

Default Colour selection process

Hi Honger83,

Yes, in my experience, they will have the upgrades pricing when you go to the appointment. If you have an "out of the norm" request, they may have to get back to you with the pricing for that particular item. But, if it is a common request such as gas hook-up, hardwood, etc., they should be able to give you pricing right away.

I think the reason some people refer to having a quote from the builder is because you can request for pricing for any upgrade from the builder at your appointment, but you aren't required to make your decision right away... So the builder is essentially providing you with a quote. You can always go home and think about it and confirm what you want to proceed with at your second/next appointment.

Also, I stand corrected on a previous comment I made. There are some upgrades that probably cost the same no matter which model home you have e.g. Waterline to the fridge, extra electrical outlets, etc. But, things like hardwood would be individual pricing as it depends on sq. footage of your home.

These are just based on my previous experiences purchasing from a builder, so hope it is helpful!
Old 2012-10-27, 12:28 PM
Regular User

Default Sample Upgrade pricing

Sample upgrade pricing for Starlane Homes

* Frameless Glass Shower Enclosure w/ 34” Capped Half Wall- $2,950
* 200 Amp Electrical Service $1,030
* Interior Low Voltage Pot Lights $320 each
* Ceiling Light Fixture in Living Room $310
* Ceiling Light Fixture in Kitchen Over Island/Sink/Peninsula $310 each
* Wall Sconces $260 each
* Décor Switches & Plugs $700
* Dimmer Starting at $90 each
* Additional Plug for Wall Mount T.V. $180
* 3 pc Rough In – Basement (If not standard)* $705
* Toe Tester Faucet for Master Ensuite Shower $400
* Hand Held Shower for Bathtub Deck in Master Ens. $740
* Hand Held Shower on Slide Bar for Shower/Tub Enclosures $490
* Whirlpool Tubs $2,640
* Additional Sink in Bathroom (If plan permits)* $880
* Cold Water Line for Fridge $360
* Outdoor Faucets – 12” Cold only or Hot/Cold $250
Old 2012-10-30, 10:14 PM
Regular User

Finished decor appoitment with around 15K in upgrades.
What decors is purely personal call and preference..Some of basic options are not good to be considered hence upgrade is only way..

Does anyone know if the project sold out and have they increased the price ?
Old 2012-10-31, 10:40 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomebuyer1 View Post
What decors is purely personal call and preference..Some of basic options are not good to be considered hence upgrade is only way..

Prices were raised $10K to $15K for detached, after the first weekend it was released. Semi's and townhouses may be left. Detached are all sold (Greenpark and Starlane) it seems.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomebuyer1 View Post

Hi, did you upgrade your cabinets and tiles? If so, would you mind sharing which level upgrade you picked and how much it cost to upgrade to that level from basic? Thanks!