Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Building and Construction

Building and Construction General topics of building a home and the home construction industry.

Old 2017-11-27, 09:59 PM
Regular User

Default Community mailbox next to you house?

I'm in the process of buying a new construction on a corner lot in Ottawa. I realize there is a sound proof wall on the drawing along the side yard with out any apparent reason. I believe they will install a community mailbox.

If you were in my situation, will that stop you from buying?

I don't want to regret but at the same time, it is pretty hard to find something in Ottawa right now. The market is booming.
Old 2017-11-29, 07:44 PM
Regular User

Since you are already okay with the realities of a corner lot, I'm not sure a mailbox should change your mind. The only things that might be different are the amount of foot traffic on the sidewalk around you, and people standing at the mailbox staring into your nearest window. (I say this from experience as I am incapable of checking the mail without looking into the adjoining house's living room)
Old 2017-12-04, 03:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post
Since you are already okay with the realities of a corner lot, I'm not sure a mailbox should change your mind. The only things that might be different are the amount of foot traffic on the sidewalk around you, and people standing at the mailbox staring into your nearest window. (I say this from experience as I am incapable of checking the mail without looking into the adjoining house's living room)
LMAO, tourist!
Old 2017-12-12, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post
Yeah staring at windows while looking at mail..we all do at some point even we don't do it by purpose.

I went around other streets with the same house model and the mail box is usually at the end of the backyard and not on the side (2nd facade). On the top of that, the city is providing us a nice fence for free covering our backyard. People might use the walkway to get back home but it won't be worst than any other houses along that same walkway.