Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-05-02, 11:12 PM
Regular User

Default Mattamy U in Barrhaven

Hello,

Has anyone received any info on Mattamy U in barrhaven??? Last time, I went by the sales centre...a lot more of the village townhomes are sold but the urban aren't doing so well...its getting their though...

I am very anxcious to get my design/upgarde book. Again...if anyone care to share their book, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks.
Old 2007-05-03, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Hi there,

I bought in February and close February 7, 2008 and we bought in Fairwinds (Kanata). I have yet to receive any information regarding when we get a call for Mattamy U or when we should get the design book.

From what I heard, depending on when you bought, Mattamy U takes place 6-8 months before your closing date and the desing book should come your way around the same time frame, maybe longer. I bought a single home so I wouldn't be of much use giving you some upgrade prices but there should be some info around in one of the postings!

I hope you get some concrete answers and congrats on your purchase. It's a pretty exciting time.

Take care,
Old 2007-05-03, 03:17 PM
Regular User

I bought in August and am moving in (hopefully) Feb 2008. I have my design book, I think it came 2-3 months after I bought. I too bought the Highwood (elevation B) and on lot 41 (on Sonnesta Circle). I haven't received anything from Mattamy U yet either but have been told it's coming up soon!
Old 2007-05-03, 09:54 PM
Regular User

There's an article about Mattamy in the latest *New Homes* Insert from the Ottawa Sun. It says that Mattamy began releasing Barrhaven Mews homes in January and about 15% has been sold so far. All the widelot traditional townhouses are already gone. Occupancy will be available for January 2008 so I would imagine you guys will be getting the ball rollin' in no time.

Cheers!
Old 2007-05-07, 02:24 PM
Regular User

I bought a village town in Feb and Move in Jan 29th hopefully. I can't wait to get my hands on a price book. When i do i will scan it and post it on here. I was at the design center yesterday and there were6 or 7 village towns left. So excited to move in.

Last edited by Ryates; 2007-05-07 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2007-05-11, 04:44 PM
Regular User

So...lots of people that bought in Kanata have their upgrade book and from what I've seen and heard most that have recieved their upgrade book close sometime in Feb or Mar.

They told me that I will receive my booklet within 6months prior to the closing date...

Why are the home owners in Kanata already have received the books and they close later I do...???
Old 2007-05-11, 04:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMA28 View Post
Why are the home owners in Kanata already have received the books and they close later I do...???
Because they'll jack up the prices for barrhaven and they are still figuring out by how much.
Old 2007-05-12, 11:01 AM
Regular User

This is the thing that I don't quite get, why is getting an *upgrade book* seem to be such a hassle for (Mattamy) owners ?

I don't plan on getting a lot of upgrades so my experience will be limited but when I want to find out how much this and that upgrade would cost, i email/phone the Richcraft sales reps and they have been very accomodating.

Why can't builders let people know this beforehand so that they can better prepare their budgets ? Maybe that will keep some folks away from making the final decision, seeing how the total cost will balloon and I understand that so in that case, why not distributing the booklet via email/secure website to owners who have signed the agreement ?
Old 2007-05-14, 09:37 AM
Regular User

Canabiz, I certainly wouldn't say that getting the upgrade book was a hassle. We close in August and we have had our book since October. Lots of time to look and work out a budget on upgrades. We haven't had our design appointment yet and we have been very happy with the process so far.

Old 2007-05-14, 10:39 AM
Regular User

TMA28-

I received the upgrade book 2 weeks ago now and close next February-a little earlier than I expected. Maybe Barrhaven is taking a little longer for reasons unknown.

Let me tell you, once you get the prices things become a lot clearer for budgeting purposes. I hope it comes soon...