Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2014-08-01, 03:06 PM
Regular User

Welcome!

Sounds like your house may back onto ours!!!
I am surprised your closing date is only a month away from ours. (April 2015)
Like you mentioned the road is not even completed and no houses are marked for your street yet. However my girlfriend and i take a walk around our neighbourhood every saturday and the progress is crazy fast. It appears they may even be ahead of schedule.
I have to ask what lot number you are?? We are lot 120 on Pineglen which backs onto Olivia.

Hope to see you around!

Jeremy/Kelsi
Old 2014-08-04, 12:03 PM
Regular User

We will be on the other end close to Ludoulph in lot 27. I guess that phases 1B and 3A will overlap during construction. We haven't received our book yet or even got our design centre appointment. We went with The Indigo model too, we felt the it had the best layout of all the 30' plans, also picked the almost mandatory chef kitchen choice.

We were accualy surprised that we were only offered lots from phase 3A when we went there April. The gave us a list of the avalable 30' lots for 3B. When we went back to sign, the same lots were still avalible after two months as if they didn't sell any 30 foots in that time.
Old 2014-08-05, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsxo View Post
We will be on the other end close to Ludoulph in lot 27. I guess that phases 1B and 3A will overlap during construction. We haven't received our book yet or even got our design centre appointment. We went with The Indigo model too, we felt the it had the best layout of all the 30' plans, also picked the almost mandatory chef kitchen choice.

We were accualy surprised that we were only offered lots from phase 3A when we went there April. The gave us a list of the avalable 30' lots for 3B. When we went back to sign, the same lots were still avalible after two months as if they didn't sell any 30 foots in that time.

That is very strange... i wonder if sales are starting to slow down now.
When we signed for Phase 1B it was crazy busy and the houses around us were selling fast.
We agree the Indigo is for sure the best 30' layout, and the chef's kitchen is a must! Im glad they will be overlapping the construction as i would like the houses behind us to be finished sooner rather then later. We recieved our design centre appointment approx 4 months after signing. We received our desgin book about 3 and a half months after signing.
Let me know if you have any questions or are curious to know some pricing on the upgrades. Oh and FYI the model home is upgraded like crazy! Even more then we noticed lol
Once i get home i will post our list of upgrades for you to reference.

Cheers,

Jeremy/Kelsi
Old 2014-08-11, 06:43 PM

Hi

I'm Amanda. We're on lot 35 on Olivia so Jeremy, that means we are right behind you. We also chose the Indigo with the chef kitchen. Our close date is May 21st. We haven't received our design book yet but have been told we should have it in the next 2 weeks.

Jeremy, would you mind sharing some of the upgrade prices for the kitchen and the super shower in the ensuite bathroom, if you selected that option?

Thanks!
Old 2014-08-11, 10:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda1 View Post
Hi

I'm Amanda. We're on lot 35 on Olivia so Jeremy, that means we are right behind you. We also chose the Indigo with the chef kitchen. Our close date is May 21st. We haven't received our design book yet but have been told we should have it in the next 2 weeks.

Jeremy, would you mind sharing some of the upgrade prices for the kitchen and the super shower in the ensuite bathroom, if you selected that option?

Thanks!

Hey Amanda,

That is awesome! We look forward to meeting you soon!

Here are the upgrades we chose;

Structural Upgrades
- Chefs Kitchen
- Gas Fireplace
- Super Shower
- Rec Room Ready Package
- 9 Foot Main Floor Ceilings

Design Centre Upgrades
- All Oak Stairs with R2T rail and stain $3690
- Oak Square Pickets $112
- Rail and Pickets in lieu of knee wall (main floor) $472
- Relocated light fixture in dining room to be centred over table instead of centred in room - no charge
- Plasma Ready Wall $167
- Fireplace fan kit $510
- Increase 3/4 inch gas line to 1 inch $198
- Additional gas rough in for future BBQ $392
- Cat 5 rough in $232 for 2
- Capped electrical ceiling box above island $116
- Capped electrical ceiling box on existing switch above island $156 for 2
- Base cabinet for slide in range $521
- Executive Kitchen Package with line 3 cabinets $3197
executive kitchen package includes deep uppers, pot and pan drawer, fridge gables, under cabinet valance (not including lighting) and small crown moulding
- Shortened cabinets above stove for over the range microwave hood fan $360
- Kitchen Cabinet group one hardware $271
- Additional pot and pan drawer in kitchen with line 3 cabinet $729
- Base waste recycle centre $633
- Two roll out drawers for pantry $384
- Rail and picket in lieu of knee wall (on second floor) $362
- Optional Laundry Uppers $843 (standard cabinets)
- Optional Base Cabinet $528 (standard cabinets)
- Laundry Room Cabinet Hardware group one $43
- Laminate Countertop over front loading washer and dryer $362
- Glass Shower enclosure for ensuite with 8 foot ceilings $1794
- Vanity Cabinets group one hardware $86 (main and ensuite)
- Edgeline cultured marble vanity in ensuite $1024
- Pot drawer style vanity cabinet with legs in ensuite standard cabinet $289
- Conduit from basement to attic $222
- Interior doors change to carrara smooth style $276
- 50 AMP receptacle for Induction Range in kitchen $916

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or want to know anything specific in the design book.

Cheers,

Jeremy/Kelsi
Old 2014-08-12, 02:44 AM
Regular User

Hi Amanda, looks like you'll be a few doors up the street from me and my family but closer to Jeremy. When did you sign? That side of Olivia st was still available other than 28 when we signed, are there many left? Don't believe two weeks for the design book, that's the same that they told us a month ago.

Thanks for the list Jeremy. Is that everything in the book or what you opted for? The relocation for the dining room light is a no brainier, off centre should be the plan. I knew everything is upgraded in the model but a lot of the kitchen is super expensive. I will have to go a different route (IKEA) for kitchen upgrades, since I'm stretched pretty thin just to afford the place myself.

I'm definitely going for the conduit and the rail and picket for up and down, maybe the extra boxes for the island lighting, the design centre will have to sell me on the rest. Not saying your choices are bad Jeremy, just I don't have the best paying job with two kids under 2.

Last edited by Lordsxo; 2014-08-12 at 02:47 AM.
Old 2014-08-12, 07:24 PM

Hi again

We signed in April, the first day they released 3A. I think they show houses as still available so you think you have more options....just my theory. I've asked a few times about the design book and when we'll get it so I agree...not convinced we'll have it in 2 weeks.

Jeremy, if you wouldn't mind sharing, could you give us:
- prices for granite countertops...or are they included in chefs kitchen?
- the price for the frameless shower door in ensuite...not sure if that's what you selected
-prices for pot lights
- air conditioning
- microwave over the stove

Thanks!!
Amanda
Old 2014-08-12, 11:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsxo View Post
Thanks for the list Jeremy. Is that everything in the book or what you opted for?

I'm definitely going for the conduit and the rail and picket for up and down, maybe the extra boxes for the island lighting, the design centre will have to sell me on the rest. Not saying your choices are bad Jeremy, just I don't have the best paying job with two kids under 2.
Hi Lordaxo

Those are just the options we opted for. The design book is about 1/2 an inch thick lol
I completely understand the financial aspect as we ended up going about $4000 over budget for upgrades. We attempted to try and only do the items we thought would be harder to do after closing or would potentially cost more.

Quote:
Hi again

Jeremy, if you wouldn't mind sharing, could you give us:
- prices for granite countertops...or are they included in chefs kitchen?
- the price for the frameless shower door in ensuite...not sure if that's what you selected
-prices for pot lights
- air conditioning
- microwave over the stove

Thanks!!
Amanda
Hi Amanda

Here are the prices you were looking for;

Granite countertops are not included with the chefs kitchen
Pricing in our design guide for the chefs kitchen option is $5233 for basic coloured granite or quartz and $5912 for premium coloured granite or quartz. This includes the under mount sink and single hole faucet (Moen Abor or Brantford in classic stainless steel)
We did a little research in the area and found not only is it easy to do after, it can be much cheaper for granite and the colour selection is far better then at the design centre. They did have decent prices for quartz but colour selection was limited.

We selected the super shower as a structural upgrade and then we chose the glass shower enclosure that included the frameless glass shower door for $1794
This is how the model home has there ensuite shower.
If you only want the frameless glass shower door it is priced in our book for $1336

Pot Lights
Line voltage recessed LED potlight - where living space exists above $247
Line voltage recessed LED potlight - where no living space exists above $306
Exterior 4" LED dimmable energy star certified exterior potlight on underside of soffit. switch sold separately. $352
I would think all potlight prices are per potlight

A/C
2.0 Ton Unit - 14.5 seer rating $3525
We did a little research and found we should be able to get this done after closing for cheaper - $2000 - $3200 depends on humidifier and air filter options. Also found we could get a better quality unit. I believe they are still using Lennox units.

Over the Stove Microwave
White Microwave Hood Fan in lieu of included hood fan $685
Black Microwave Hood Fan in lieu of included hood fan $685
Stainless steel microwave hood fan in lieu of included hood fan $777
These Cannot be ordered with gas rough in for future gas stove
Shorten cabinets above stove for future microwave hood fan installed by purchaser after closing $364

Delete upper cabinet over stove/cooktop opening to allow for chimney style fan to be installed by purchaser after closing $112

Hope i didn't forget anything!
Let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers,

Jeremy/Kelsi
Old 2014-08-13, 12:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi again

We signed in April, the first day they released 3A. I think they show houses as still available so you think you have more options....just my theory. I've asked a few times about the design book and when we'll get it so I agree...not convinced we'll have it in 2 weeks.
Maybe your dot from the map was missing, and I just didn't notice since I was close to the first phase. I have only paid attention to the 30" lots the whole time and the list of lots available from end of April didn't change much till July. They didn't sell too many in that time. Things may have changed now since they have changed the incentive.

I was just thinking about the prices that Jeremy posted, Amanda, there is a slight chance that the prices may vary from ours. Builders like to adjust prices between phases on the same model. Up or down.
Old 2014-08-13, 08:43 PM

Thanks again for sharing, Jeremy!

The prices may change but at least it gives us an idea.

Maybe we'll run into you one weekend while we're in the neighbourhood checking on progress. We're going to start bringing our dog and walking her there so she starts getting used to the area. If you see people walking around with a golden doodle, it's probably us

Talk to you soon