Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2008-01-16, 09:41 PM
Regular User

Default Fernbrook

Has anyone else been to their house and noticed anything missing or wrong with the construction so far? Well for us I have had to complain already about our garage door in the wrong place!...We have an overhang where there shouldn't be according to the floor plan and they have framed our "California Arches" square like a normal entrance way!!!! Can not understand what the framers are looking at when they frame the house and why don't they have our upgrades infront of them!!!! We were told that the site super is aware of the errors they have made and they are going to fix the problems. We were also told that we would have a frame walk does any one know when this will be? As our house is ready for windows,brick and shingles.
Old 2008-01-16, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Excellent. Keep on top of it. As always, make sure any issues with the construction of your house are brought up to your builder.

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/index.ph...ction_Problems
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2008-01-17, 12:25 AM
Regular User

We had found quite a few mistakes but they were able to fix right away. If you spot anything, tell the builder so the sooner they do it, the easier for them (less chance to screw up even more).

We had our frame walk-through just before they drywalled the place, that was useful but all the mistakes were taken care of at the time so we were okay.
Old 2008-01-17, 11:33 AM
Regular User

Actually yesterday I noticed they framed in our frameless glass shower ... told the sales center and they jumped all over it thanking me for spotting the error so early in the construction.
Old 2008-01-20, 12:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieandbart View Post
Actually yesterday I noticed they framed in our frameless glass shower ... told the sales center and they jumped all over it thanking me for spotting the error so early in the construction.
Good luck! So far, nobody fixed my frameless glass shower yet since Nov. 2, 2007. It is not in balance, and it could not close properly. Never saw a glass can be like that and do not know where they bought.
Old 2008-01-20, 08:51 PM
Regular User

Does anyone have a model with a sunken foyer? I think they forgot to 'install' our sunken foyer, has anyone else seen this? I am going to talk to them tomorrow and see if they decided to change the plans without any notification or if they overlooked this feature.

Bart
Old 2008-01-21, 09:49 PM
Regular User

Check with the builder, I know in some plans, they have a little paragraph about "grade permitted", so you may or may not get a sunken foyer.
Old 2008-02-06, 03:25 PM
jmckinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina08 View Post
Has anyone else been to their house and noticed anything missing or wrong with the construction so far? Well for us I have had to complain already about our garage door in the wrong place!...We have an overhang where there shouldn't be according to the floor plan and they have framed our "California Arches" square like a normal entrance way!!!! Can not understand what the framers are looking at when they frame the house and why don't they have our upgrades infront of them!!!! We were told that the site super is aware of the errors they have made and they are going to fix the problems. We were also told that we would have a frame walk does any one know when this will be? As our house is ready for windows,brick and shingles.
We've had numerous issues:
- we chose the optional second flr and they built the standard one
- we paid for our flagstones to go up to the top of the garage and they only bricked half way up the doors
- frameless shower they framed

Fortuantely we visit the site often and whenever we noticed a discrepancy we brought it to the attention of the Sales office/Head Office and the site super (not to mention leaving notes for the workmen inside the house). So far the items that we have picked up on have been fixed. By noticing things early and letting Fernbrook adress them we've saved them a ton of money as changing the brick layout or rebuilding the second flr would have been quite the ordeal by the time the frame walk actually occurs.

Speaking of the framewalk -> our occured after our electrical walkthru. Basically all of the insulation was in place, the electrical and plumbing already run.

Godd luck
Old 2008-02-06, 03:41 PM
Regular User

Emery on the other hand is extremely cranky about future owners entering the property unless invited. I'm not aware of any frame walks, electrical walks etc. An owner of an Emery property recently posted some pictures of the trade people urinating in the basement and when she sent the pictures to emery, no comment on the urine, just do not enter or we will fine you.

Having said that I have noticed a few problems with items we have asked to have removed but have been installed :|...frustrating. Anyone from Emery had any luck contacting the construction office or head office in regards to issues with the build?

Thanks

Roberto
Old 2008-02-06, 04:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonefield View Post
Good luck! So far, nobody fixed my frameless glass shower yet since Nov. 2, 2007. It is not in balance, and it could not close properly. Never saw a glass can be like that and do not know where they bought.
fernbrook used mirror interiors in bronte creek.