Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-07-11, 04:46 PM
Regular User

Default Monarch - Blackstone Townhouses coming July 28th

Not sure if I should add this to the Blackstone Community Thread, but looks like that is more for singles by Monarch and Cardel.

http://www.monarch-enews.com/2012/lo...homes.html#ID#

*Spacious, open concept floor plans from 1,621* to 2,402* sq. ft.
*Classic architectural features and finishes including a gourmet kitchen, spa-inspired ensuites, nine foot ceilings, hardwood flooring on main level, finished family room on lower level and much more!
*Stunning exteriors with stone skirts
*Freehold ownership with no condo fees

===============
Trailwest (formerly SoHoWest) by Monarch
T8 - Verve
Old 2012-07-11, 05:27 PM
Regular User

Sounds exactly like the Monarch towns across the street...
Old 2012-07-11, 05:29 PM
Regular User

Yeah, we just bought a SoHo West townhome about a month ago.

The only kicker is, financing is lowered from 30 to 25 years and *tighter* criteria.

Would await on the models if they are EXACTLY the same as Stonebridge and SoHo West.

===============
T8 - Verve
Old 2012-07-11, 09:10 PM
Regular User

Hey doda,

I think it's an excellent idea for Monarch to release their townhomes this summer. This will attract people with different budgets into the community. Their singles in Blackstone are very expensive

By the way, I hope you don't mind, I copied your first post in the Blackstone Community thread for wider audience

Last edited by LeoMessi; 2012-07-11 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 2012-07-12, 05:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doda View Post
Yeah, we just bought a SoHo West townhome about a month ago.

The only kicker is, financing is lowered from 30 to 25 years and *tighter* criteria.

Would await on the models if they are EXACTLY the same as Stonebridge and SoHo West.
My guess the floor plans will be identical, but they might look different on the outside like the Monarch towns in Stittsville.

If prices are the same, I'd lean towards soho right now just because Blackstone is going to be a construction zone for the next 3-5 years vs soho which is almost completed.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:31 AM
Regular User

Launch of the Blackstone Towns is tomorrow, July 28, but no prices have been posted on the website.

Are they expecting us to be 'surprised' tomorrow?

Hoping that they would at least give an idea of the how the floor plans would look like.

Monarch is expecting us to base the floor plans and prices on the Stonebridge and SohoWest models?

===============
T8 - Verve
Old 2012-07-27, 10:42 AM
Regular User

I've spoken to some of the people who are buying and looking at buying in Blackstone, and they are not thrilled about town homes being built in the community. Some people have the opposite view of bringing different levels of housing into the area, solely based on exclusivity of being in Blackstone. Further explained to me in layman's terms as they would prefer the area to be similar to how Kanata Lakes is, where the home prices are high, with primarily singles, keeping the value of the homes high.

Sounds kind of shallow to me but these are the things I've been hearing....

I do see how someone who bought a lot which is backing on to where the towns will be. That won't be awesome for resale or privacy to say the least.

Old 2012-07-27, 10:54 AM
Regular User

Not sure of the location or master map of Blackstone, is it going to be like the one in Stonebridge? Singles on one side and one area are towns? I know Blackstone will be having other builders for towns as well, if the information I got is correct. I guess they want to squeeze as much houses (and money) as possible to the area.

I could surmise that the Monarch towns in Blackstone has to completely follow the design aesthetics of the singles, thereby making the prices probably go to the low to the mid 300s. We bought a Verve model at SoHoWest and it already clocked a hefty $323K for nearly 2400 sq ft with finished basement.

===============
T8 - Verve
Old 2012-07-27, 11:02 AM
Regular User

http://www.cardelhomes.com/_pdfs/ott...ne/lot_map.pdf

There is the map. On Livery Street on the bottom left hand corner, East side of the street is where towns will be from Monarch. This is what Cardel told me. Which means everyone on Palfrey Way who purchased singles will back onto the towns.

I'm not sure if Monarch had them on their map or not, but this Cardel map doesn't show them. That means those people who purchased from Cardel will have Monarch towns in their backyard.

For the record. I have nothing against there being town homes. It's a "Masterbuilt" community so I'm sure they will be expensive and tastefully done. I just feel bad for those two Cardel lots, especially the corner lot which had a premium on it that will have two yards attached to his if they were unaware. :S

Old 2012-07-27, 04:10 PM
Regular User

$aw the ad in the paper today for thi$.

-I gue$$ they are going to make hardwood main floor a$ $tandard
-gourmet $tyle kitchen?
-$pa inspired en$uite

Al$o, the max $q footage is topping at a little more than 2400 $q ft

the rendering of the houses looks terribly like the towns they have in SoHo West and Stonebridge but with a different facade.

===============
T8 - Verve