Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-08-22, 09:06 PM
Regular User

Question Interlock recommendation?

I'm thinking of having some interlock done (patio, walkpath, ...) & some landscaping done this year due to easy access for the contractors (ie: no neighbours at the back). Does anyone have a good contractor to recommend? I've got a guy from Prebbel coming tomorrow and have heard some good feedback about them but I though that I'd check on this forum too.

THanks
Old 2007-08-23, 10:04 AM
Regular User

I'm sending you a PM with a name
Old 2007-08-23, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Bah, couple cases of beer and a few friends.

My buddy's dad owned a landscaping company for 25 years. His son and I are good friends. With his dad's "guidance" we are doing my interlock & back patio and my father-in-law's walkway.

Is it the time you don't have? I could see then. As long as you take the time to do it right, its not hard.
Old 2007-08-23, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by north59 View Post
Is it the time you don't have? I could see then. As long as you take the time to do it right, its not hard.
Yup. I don't have much spare time and think that the interlock has to be done this year before they build the house of my neighbour at the back because if they do it will be a lot more manual labour and increased cost. As for getting a bunch of friends to help, they all have young kids so they have a lack of spare time as well.. Then there's the tool rental: diesel vibrating plate, cutter, bobcat, find a spot to dump the soil, ...

I was all set on doing it myself but it would take me a month or so and rain will simply mess it up when I can't work on it. I figured that I might as well do the basement myself instead because it doesn't matter if it takes me a long time.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:26 PM

Hey! My brother in-law does interlock and landscaping. They do a range from little projects, to built in BBQs, bars ect. The work I have seen is very impressive. They are really good guys, and have an overall good appereance to them.

anyhow, here's the site! All the best.

http://www.solaceconstruction.com/