Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-02-22, 07:25 PM
Regular User

Default New Richcraft community in Barrhaven (Fieldstone)

Hey guys, my neighbour let me know Richcraft is building singles and urban towns in Longfields, Barrhaven. The name of the new community is Fieldstone (see link below)

http://www.richcraft.com/comm_longfields.html

Anyone knows anything about this? I thought there's not a lot of land left in this area and we have Larco and Mattino building on Claridge and Campanale building on Longfields already. Tartan will be building in Havencourt which is not too far off either.

Man is the 'Haven getting popular and busy...the builders will keep building and the folks will keep buying ;-). All the infrastructure for this area should be in place so it shouldn't take them long to put something up.

Our first home is a Richcraft and I have nothing negative to say about them.
Old 2012-02-23, 08:30 AM
Regular User

Barrhaven is getting really popular. There getting a real diverse group of builders there. I wonder with the amount of house going in that particular areas in the next 2 years where the traffic is going to go? Woodroffe is pretty bad as it is...
Old 2012-02-23, 07:21 PM
Regular User

Things are definitely moving at a quick pace in this area. Regarding traffic, i know the City has approved Prince of Wales expansion which can only help.

The Strandherd-Armstrong bridge is also near completion which will help alleviate the pain. The City should have never cancelled the LRT plan connecting Barrhaven and downtown and I think they have regretted it since. Oh well life goes on.
Old 2012-02-23, 10:10 PM
Regular User

Cancelling LRT to Barrhaven was the worst decision ever.

Now they rush to build up roads and infrastructure here :S
Old 2012-02-24, 08:56 AM
Regular User

I agree. It would save the City much more money in the long run.
Old 2015-05-31, 06:27 PM
Regular User

We checked out the Fieldstone model homes today and came away not terribly impressed. Most of them only has 2 bedrooms and starting prices of $340K is definitely on the high side, IMO.

I know this is closer to transit but you can go just a tad further and get something from Mattamy/Minto in Half Moon Bay for the same square footage and about $100K less...definitely more bang for your buck that way but YMMV.
Old 2015-05-31, 09:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
We checked out the Fieldstone model homes today and came away not terribly impressed. Most of them only has 2 bedrooms and starting prices of $340K is definitely on the high side, IMO.

I know this is closer to transit but you can go just a tad further and get something from Mattamy/Minto in Half Moon Bay for the same square footage and about $100K less...definitely more bang for your buck that way but YMMV.
Which models? Are they condos?

Old 2015-05-31, 11:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnBerk2 View Post
Which models? Are they condos?
No they are urban towns. 3-storey, similar to Mattamy's village town homes.

Price list here

http://www.richcraft.com/wp-content/...Sheets-WEB.pdf
Old 2015-05-31, 11:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
No they are urban towns. 3-storey, similar to Mattamy's village town homes.

Price list here

http://www.richcraft.com/wp-content/...Sheets-WEB.pdf
I see them now.

I guess I don't group Mattamy and Richcraft in the same category. The exterior looks are apples to oranges compared to Mattamy.

From personal experience, fit and finish between the two are also not on the same level.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 2015-06-01, 02:53 PM
Regular User

I do understand where you are coming from, Berk, but I don't know if paying at least $50K more, for the same type of house and square footage, in generally the same area, just for the exterior look is worth it. Remember these urban towns are entry-level homes, people will move on after a number of years, especially if they start having kids where they will appreciate having a backyard...

This is even worse, from an investment perspective...tough to cash flow with that kind of coins and 2 bedrooms where rent is probably $1,300 tops.