Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2008-01-26, 04:16 PM
Regular User

It is 4:10 pm and there are STILL people lined up outside of the sales office!!!
Crazy!!

Laurie

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2008-01-26, 09:48 PM
Regular User

We were there around noon to get a new price list, they gave us our number to get in to the sales office if we wanted to as well. They were calling numbers in the 60’s while were there, our number was 190…we did not wait...

Mike
Old 2008-01-26, 10:42 PM
Regular User

I was on the Mattamy website last night and saw prices up. I wondered if they were phase 3 prices given that I figured they wouldn't give away the pricing in advance of the new release. When we were up there today to get the new pricelist (just to see how they compared to the last phase), sure enough, they were the same prices from the website last night.

All in all, it looks like the towns went up only a few thousand dollars from the price jump after the previous release (the towns started at 239 at last release, then jumped to 249 and went up from there) - they start at 252 now and 30' and 36' foot lots seem to have either stayed the same or gone up anywhere from 3k to 15k.

I'm stumped about something though...I'm reasonably certain that the last time lots were released, The Alyson (36') was 314, then it jumped to 324....but it's only 319 now - that doesn't make any sense?!

Old 2008-01-27, 12:51 AM
Regular User

It might have to do with the 2% gst reduction since phase 3 was released, but that's only a guess. If it is, i think they're the only builder to pass on the savings.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:32 AM
Regular User

It was suggested they removed some of their basic items that have been part of house and made them available for upgrades. That was someone from Mattamy that said that, although not a salesperson. I have no idea what would have been taken out of the standard though as the basics all seem to be there, and even a choice of a black or white hood fan, which we had to spend like $200 just to get the same hood fan in black! In hindsight we would have bought a nice one after closing.
Old 2008-01-27, 03:52 PM
Regular User

the standard black/white hoodfan is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy too loud imo.

so anyone here end up getting lucky and putting a deposit down?
Old 2008-01-27, 06:21 PM
Regular User

Default re first day

I am sure u guys will think we are crazy. We lined up at 5 pm on Friday and was no. 14 on the list. The experience was thrilling. We slept in the car with heater on and had enough coffee in the flask to keep us warm. There was a big tent with heating and some of us spend the night there. We did manage to sleep for a few hours. At 8 next morning, we were served with a hearty b'fast. Mattamy people took good care actually. That was great time to compare prices, discuss in detail and make a right choice. Anyway it was fun all along especially when we got an opportunity to meet our future neighbours. We were happy to meet some really nice people and hope to meet them again when we move in. We managed to book a Campton model on 45 lot. Its great.
Anyway, Congratulations! to all who booked on that day and later.
Old 2008-01-28, 10:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'n'P View Post
I just had one question.....the sales staff said that certain houses were not for sale and were for internal sales only. Anyone know what this means? (For asian people, facing South is preferred. But there were no lots available facing South for 36' homes.)
I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong , but I believe that those lots have been sold to Mattamy employees - there are quite a few that have purchased in Wheler's Mill already.

Laurie

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2008-02-13, 01:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'n'P View Post
I agree....I was very impressed with Mattamy Homes. They served coffee, fruit juices and breakfast (danishes, muffins, croissants, bagels, etc..), then they even served lunch (mini sandwiches, pop and bottled water). This all took place within the heated tent, and they also had a heated outdoor washroom for the people waiting. Everyone waiting outside was extremely friendly, and it was great mingling with our upcoming neighbours to be.

We purchased a Sunnylea in Wheeler's Mill, with a delivery date of March 2009 and are extremely excited about our purchase.

I hope everyone else got the lots that they wanted.

<<<snipped>>>)
My wife lined up on the Saturday at 10 am was #71 on the list. By the time she got into the sales office, the lot size & model (Towngate) we wanted wasn't available. She left and we came back on Sunday to look at a larger lot and model (Farnham). We got a choice lot that faces south and like you, couldn't be happier with our selection. Mattamy also made the optional structural changes that we wanted on both the ground and second floors. Our move in date is next March as well.
Old 2008-02-13, 07:10 AM
Regular User

What optional structrual changes were you able to get?
PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Thanks.
Congrats on your purchase!