Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-04-05, 04:05 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up Lake Side Home Services

Lakeside Home Services just left. The guy was very competent and was able to install an OTR all by himself. The only annoying part was when he got five calls on his cell phone. Four of them were from his coworkers asking for help though.

OTR - $120 labour, $15 parts
Dish Washer - $110 labour, $26.50 parts

Plus GST of course.

The reason I went with Lakeside is because they were the only one that asked me how far away the dw was from my sink. This was so that they could advise their techs to bring extra hose material just in case. I can't find my price sheet now but they were in the higher price range but not the highest. http://www.lakesidehomeservices.ca/

Regarding Valley Appliances, I called them as well and I remember him quoting me $95 per hour for the OTR, minimum charge was two hours. All the other companies quoted me a flat rate.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-04-26, 06:20 PM
Regular User

Lakeside Home Services just left my place too. They installed a counter-depth fridge, microwave trim kit, built-in single oven, dishwasher, and large hood fan Cost me $500 including taxes, which was worth it for the hood fan alone as that thing was a beast. They were the most competent sub-contractors (for want of a better term) that I've had in my home in the seven years that I've lived in Ottawa. I've built one home with Minto, and my current home with Urbandale, so I have had plenty of experience with workers waltzing in and out of the house and leaving a trail of mayhem and destruction behind them (with a good helping of bad attitude). I'd say 8 out of 10 times I let one of these imbeciles in my house to fix something they damage something else in the process. Before Lakeside arrived today, I had granite guys in, and big surprise, after they left I find a big trail of silicone on the hardwood floor which has now left a big smudge on the hardwood...just what I need to deal with.

The guys from Lakeside were courteous, on time, respectful of my home, respectful of my appliances, they were extremely careful with everything, extremely knowledgeable, and, most importantly, extremely competent. Trust me, I'm not this positive about anybody (read my other posts if you don't believe me, good luck finding anything complimentary I've had to say about any other company I've dealt with in Ottawa). These guys were THE BEST. If you need an appliance installed you need look no further.