Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-08-26, 09:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKMAN1 View Post
Do you know were I could find a HFA Inspector, I had search online but didn't really find what I thought I was looking for.

I'm also the type to fight until the bitter end but my hubby isn't. He doesn't care to much about money so to him my time and sanity isn't worth $1500.00 (a little less than 600 sq ft). Vantage told us an inpector would cost about 300.00 so in the end we'd only be out $1200.00....and have no more scrathes too...I've spent that on a night out!! lol

For pete's sakes I told my hubby I wanted to change the ceramic's in the house and add some to our kitchen...instead...we bought a new house, he said he couldn't be bothered with the work adn mess. lol so....new house for me!!!
If you want to pursue this any further, contact NWFA & they will point you in the right direction www.nwfa.org

Yes refinishing will fix your problem & take all the scratches out but you shouldn't be spreading rumours about a problem that hasn't been resolved in a proper manner.
Can you post pics of the damage?
Old 2010-08-26, 10:34 PM
Regular User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
If you want to pursue this any further, contact NWFA & they will point you in the right direction www.nwfa.org

Yes refinishing will fix your problem & take all the scratches out but you shouldn't be spreading rumours about a problem that hasn't been resolved in a proper manner.
Can you post pics of the damage?
I'll post pic next week when I'm back from the cottage. The last time I tried to take pics they didn't turn out to well, it was hard to see the issue.

Seeing as I notified Vintage and Vintage sent a sale person to my house all the way from Toronto I don't see these as rumors.The sales person who Vintage said was an expert had no idea why my floor looked the way it did. He had no idea what was causing the issue, all he knew was that it wasn't covered.

My comments represent my experences with this company and their product. Which is what this forum is for. Everything I've said. I've also said to Allied and to Vintage directly! No rumors here just my opinion, which I'm entitled too.

Thanks for the nwfa info I'll show the site to my hubby. And the only reason I really didn't take the issue further is because we are moving and its not he thinks it not worth the headache.

I only paid 5k for the flooring (hickory) and I just call a local flooring place and will sand and restain for 1k, I guess its a little cheaper around here.
Old 2010-09-12, 09:18 AM
Regular User

Default My 2 cents worth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKMAN1 View Post
I'll post pic next week when I'm back from the cottage. The last time I tried to take pics they didn't turn out to well, it was hard to see the issue.

Seeing as I notified Vintage and Vintage sent a sale person to my house all the way from Toronto I don't see these as rumors.The sales person who Vintage said was an expert had no idea why my floor looked the way it did. He had no idea what was causing the issue, all he knew was that it wasn't covered.

My comments represent my experences with this company and their product. Which is what this forum is for. Everything I've said. I've also said to Allied and to Vintage directly! No rumors here just my opinion, which I'm entitled too.

Thanks for the nwfa info I'll show the site to my hubby. And the only reason I really didn't take the issue further is because we are moving and its not he thinks it not worth the headache.

I only paid 5k for the flooring (hickory) and I just call a local flooring place and will sand and restain for 1k, I guess its a little cheaper around here.
I would side with the Sharkman on this one. This reminds of the Ford Pinto and their faulty gas tank design back in the 70's. Too make a long story short, Ford figured the number of cars sold out wieghed the number of lives lost. All that mattered was the number of sales. As far as the warranty goes it isn't worth the paper it is written on! Have you ever read the fine print, always in favour of the manufacture, not the customer. We all just hope that we never have to submit a warranty issue, because 9 times out of 10 the company will walk away from the customer.

There is something the company is not telling the buyer here? I know for a fact that the flooring industry uses different grades of finish, thus number of finish coatings applied to the hardwood. Maybe they installed the right hardwood, but with a lower grade finish and they are not forthcoming about it? There must be hundreds of customers like the Sharkman that have the same problem out there, we just don't hear about it, eh?

I have installed my own hardwood and was very pleased with the flooring. It was purchased from Kultur, a local company from Renfrew, Ontario. Again we must support the local industry. So this is what I have done, not too mention the carbon footage which is less than 100 Km. They also have a store on Carling ave called Kultur flooring, check them out.

http://www.kulturflooring.com/

Good luck with the flooring! And thanks for the heads up about Vintage. I also go by word of mouth and that is what this site is all about, right?