Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-10-30, 04:22 PM

Question Dimensions of Minto Windows Astoria Townhome

Hi all,

I haven't had my trim inspection yet, but I'm looking to get a general budget going for blinds/drapes/curtains. I am wondering if anyone has the newer Astoria Townhome in Avalon (Elevation G, with two-pane instead of three-pane window in bedroom 3). I won't be ordering until I measure myself in person, but if anyone could tell me where I can find window dimensions, it would be much appreciate (I've searched Google and this forum without luck).

Many thanks!
Old 2011-10-30, 07:36 PM
Regular User

http://www.minto.com/buy-a-home-in-o...html#show_home

Maybe you could visit the showhome and measure the windows there?

Old 2011-10-30, 08:16 PM

That's certainly a possibility for most of the windows, but I have a different elevation than the model home, so I know at least one of the windows (Bedroom 3) is a different size (smaller). I didn't know if there already existed a website or forum that has these listed. Thanks!
Old 2011-10-31, 09:29 PM
Regular User

it depends where you buy your window coverings from, if you get drapes and blinds, how many panels / blinds you need, and of course what type of each.

We bought our drapes on sale from jysk (total ~$600 on all windows throughout the house) and got the blinds from home depot (master bedroom only because other rooms no one is in them ~$180). Drapery hardware was also from jysk and I think for all 5 windows cost around $275 (on sale). The exact same rods were sold at Bouclair at regular price never on sale and we saved over $100 after we returned them and got the ones from Jysk.

you should wait until you see the house first to buy your stuff because the first drapes we bought, we ended up returning because we bought them before having any of the first inspections and after changed our minds but also found what we liked better at jysk. the other issue was the length of the curtain because a lot of them are 84" in length and comes too short on our windows (greenwich model) so we had to get the 90-something " drapes.

Old 2011-11-01, 01:59 PM
Regular User

Best person to ask is your designer. They have a list of window dimension.