Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-05-13, 03:00 PM
Regular User

Question Kultur Flooring in Renfrew

Has anyone purchased hardwood flooring from Kultur Flooring in Renfrew? What was your experience with them - were their prices good, do they have a wide selection of choices, etc.?

I had never heard of them, but I've seen their advertising on OC Transpo buses a number of times, and I've also seen them advertised in some local magazines.

http://www.kulturflooring.com

Also, do they have an actual showroom in Renfrew that you can go to?

Thanks!
Old 2010-05-13, 08:11 PM
Regular User

We drove out there once and it was a big waste of time. They do have a small show room... we just weren't impressed.

NEW Closing Dec. 11th

NEW NEW CLOSING DEC. 23rd.

Moved in Dec. 24th. 2008
Old 2010-05-14, 06:12 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomejen View Post
Has anyone purchased hardwood flooring from Kultur Flooring in Renfrew? What was your experience with them - were their prices good, do they have a wide selection of choices, etc.?

I had never heard of them, but I've seen their advertising on OC Transpo buses a number of times, and I've also seen them advertised in some local magazines.

http://www.kulturflooring.com

Also, do they have an actual showroom in Renfrew that you can go to?

Thanks!
It is only worth the effort if you are a DIY kind of guy? Give them a call and feel them out with some questions you may have and then go from there? Ask questions about the kind of selelctions, pricing, delivery or pick up, etc?

I have been to their show room and yes it is small, but what are you expecting when buying direct from the factory? They have all kinds of swatches to choose from. Before you drive up you will need to know a few things, how much flooring are you putting down? What type of wood do you want to purchase, oak, maple, etc? How wide do you want your planks to be 2", 3" 4"? All planks from Kultur come with a prefinished surface and they have different grade surfaces too.

I installed hardwod from Kultur and was impressed buy the quality of workmanship and grade of wood. Speaking of grades you will be wasting at least 10% of the stock installed, so include that into your budget too.

It is worth the savings and just think it is within the 100 mile radius of being green...LOL You would be supporting the local economy.

Good Luck
Old 2010-11-05, 06:04 PM

Default kendaklutz

The Kultur flooring is a good bet but find a good installer first preferably one that has worked with the product. Then buy what you need and have it professionally installed by a contractor someone who installs hardwood floors for a living. If you shop around you should be able to get a good contractor for about $1.50/ft and the product for $2.50/ft so $4.00 per square foot for wall to wall installed hardwood is well worth paying rather than trying to do it yourself. My upstairs hardwood has lasted thirty years and if i get it refinished will last another thirty.
Old 2010-11-06, 08:20 AM
Regular User

They have an outlet on Carling near the 417 (beside the old dodge dealership and corel) if you don't want to go all the way to Renfrew.
I've seen their brand of flooring in other stores, so you don't necessarily need to go to them to see their stuff.

Old 2010-11-06, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Exclamation

You get what you pay for. I have no idea what the other poster is comparing it to but Kultur is a very low quality milled product! I have seen their wood & right away you can pick out higher lower boards, inconsistent bevel & a lot of tapered boards. They spend a lot of money on advertising which should be diverted into improving the quality of their product. Overall this is not even medium quality product. And this is not only me, a lot of other installers don't like it either.
Old 2010-11-06, 12:40 PM
Regular User

The two Home Depot's in my area, Orleans, have recently started carrying their product. Maybe they have trouble selling their product?
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-11-07, 09:27 AM

Talking Home Depot/Kultur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
The two Home Depot's in my area, Orleans, have recently started carrying their product. Maybe they have trouble selling their product?
Stocking it at Home Depot is a good business decision; it gives them access to a bigger market and also Home Depot has all the installation tools ready to complete the job or their own installerers who can do it for you.
Old 2012-11-14, 11:58 AM

Default Kultur Flooring

I purchased some wood (ash) laminate flooring from the bankrupt Kultur Flooring warehouse in Renfrew. The quality seems alright but I seem to be having a problem installing it. I am not a floor installer, just a DIY guy. I have installed click flooring in the past but this stuff seems to require nailing which I have never attempted before. I do have a brad nailer and am about to try that method. The problem I'm having is that when the planks are assembled they don't lay flat and don't seem to snap together like click flooring does. I have tried tapping them together but they don't stay locked. If anyone can steer me I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks
Kels