Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2013-03-07, 11:05 AM
Regular User

I guess there was a good reason that every second home in the Northgraves area was a Carlan. We actually on paper liked the Fergus when we were looking but after visiting the Carlan model home, we were sold on that one.
I actually connot believe the amount of Tartan connected singles that have gone up for sale since this little crescent started a few years ago. I can only hope that the demand continues until we are ready to sell
Old 2013-03-07, 12:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blic View Post
Thanks foxborough! I wasn't sure if I could put those items as conditions of the purchase, and in fact it's a hard to decide between having the carpeting done by someone I know how the work is going to be done, or let them handle this issue.

And I also thought about other "neglected maintenance items" as mentioned by good2know. I'm afraid that they were not very careful with the house, and there might be other hidden problems with it. But, at the same time the house is not old (only 3 years old), so I'm not sure how much problem can come after that time.
Would that be too risky? It's a huge investment..
You can put almost anything as a condition. We've had buyers include art work on the walls and furniture as conditions. Basically the buyers wanted the homes just as they were. And of course, these items were all negotiated, so the sellers are also free to negotiate out any conditions.

If you do decide to put in an offer, I would definitely recommend that you make it conditional to a home inspection and spend some time finding a great home inspector.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I actually haven't considered putting flyers through owner's letter boxes. Do you think this would be a good idea and people would actually respond to that?
You may get a low % response rate but it only takes one to respond. A downside is they may not be serious about moving but if you really want a specific model it can be an effective option. It may also avoid the need to invoke an agent on both sides, if that appeals to you. It's used a lot here in the UK when someone wants to live in a specific street. We get a few every month in a stagnant housing market.

Old 2013-03-11, 05:49 PM
Regular User

Default In Soho, now Trailwest..

Quote:
I actually haven't considered putting flyers through owner's letter boxes. Do you think this would be a good idea and people would actually respond to that?

I saw that grapevine house, and it's the exact model that I'm looking for. But that house was first posted last year, and they were not able to sell it. Now they are trying to sell it again. Their carpet is really spoiled (lots of stains everywhere), so it would probably need a new one. I'm not sure if it's worth buying a house that would need that kind of work at the beginning (besides other work such as painting).
What do you guys think?
Hi,,, I am in Soho in a T2Link. The lady 2 down from me has hers for sale ..and she has bought something else and its vacant. Its a 3brd, but not a loft, but finished basement..end unit..not sure the name of the model...but its beautiful inside. She upgraded the light fixtures..etc. If you are interested, email me and I can get you the ad. She isn't on Grapevine..ComFree I believe. My email address is guessjeans98@hotmail.com.

Deborah

Last edited by guessjeans; 2013-03-11 at 05:52 PM.