Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2015-02-14, 07:26 PM

Question Richcraft Stillwater Upgrade pricing

Hello,
We recently purchased an inventory Stillwater townhouse model from Richcraft. Our design centre appointment is coming up and I'm not sure what to expect in terms of quality, selection and pricing?

The kitchen cabinets have already been preselected and there isn't anything I can do structurally or with the electrical parts.

However, I'm looking to upgrade:
Staircase spindles
Underpad in all the house
Valence for cabinets (not sure if I can at this stage)
Hardwood upgrade

Do you have any insight as to how much that will cost and what kind of a selection they have?
Old 2015-02-15, 12:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by relbadri View Post
Hello,
We recently purchased an inventory Stillwater townhouse model from Richcraft. Our design centre appointment is coming up and I'm not sure what to expect in terms of quality, selection and pricing?

The kitchen cabinets have already been preselected and there isn't anything I can do structurally or with the electrical parts.

However, I'm looking to upgrade:
Staircase spindles
Underpad in all the house
Valence for cabinets (not sure if I can at this stage)
Hardwood upgrade

Do you have any insight as to how much that will cost and what kind of a selection they have?
Were they not able to give you some of those details ahead of signing?
Old 2015-02-15, 04:52 PM
Regular User

Which area is this for?

In some instances, prices are different based on development.

i wouldn't touch the under pad to be honest. I've never experienced good luck with this upgrade. My friend has a Tartan, upgraded his under par, and now he has waves in his carpet upstairs after 7 years.

I also recommend going to the design centre ahead of time. It's open to the public all week, and they have a great display.

Old 2015-02-15, 08:44 PM
Regular User

Interesting but unusual compared to our experiences. We have always upgraded the underpad - makes the carpet last much longer.

Your friend could have the carpet re-streched btw to eliminate the waves.
Old 2015-02-15, 09:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2know View Post
Interesting but unusual compared to our experiences. We have always upgraded the underpad - makes the carpet last much longer.

Your friend could have the carpet re-streched btw to eliminate the waves.

Yeah, but he has to have it re-stretched.

When we brought this up with two different builders, they actually said they don't recommend the upgrade because over time, it requires the re-stretching.

I had never heard of the under pad causing this, but maybe it has to do with specific types of carpet.

Found this quote on one site..

"Improper carpet padding (too thick) can cause buckling"

Old 2015-02-15, 09:31 PM
Regular User

3rd time we've upgraded the underpad and I would recommend it to anyone who's thinking about it.

Comfy under our feet, carpet looks newer and stays more plush for longer and never had any "waves". 100% worth it in our experience (Mattamy twice, Tamarack once).
Old 2015-02-18, 11:00 AM

We have purchased a Sonoma4 with Richcraft in Riverside South on Hawkeswood street . Did about $11k in upgrades. While our model is different from Stillwater some prices should still be pretty close.

Hardwood throughout the whole main level including the kitchen was $3500(Level II), $3850(Level IV) and the one we picked was Engineered hardwood Level 8 which was $5500. The metal spindle and square railing upgrade starts at $1,525(Option 1) and ends with $4,700(Option 6)

You can always visit the design center and ask for quotes on any upgrades you like. They are open Monday - Saturday.
Old 2015-02-18, 01:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroom View Post
We have purchased a Sonoma4 with Richcraft in Riverside South on Hawkeswood street . Did about $11k in upgrades. While our model is different from Stillwater some prices should still be pretty close.

Hardwood throughout the whole main level including the kitchen was $3500(Level II), $3850(Level IV) and the one we picked was Engineered hardwood Level 8 which was $5500. The metal spindle and square railing upgrade starts at $1,525(Option 1) and ends with $4,700(Option 6)

You can always visit the design center and ask for quotes on any upgrades you like. They are open Monday - Saturday.
That's one nice thing about their Design Centre. They have a lot of samples there, and the people seem to be very helpful, even when you are just browsing.