Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Oakville

Old 2015-02-16, 09:54 PM

Default Jasmine Model Oakville Preserve

Hi All,

I thought I would start a thread for anyone who has bought a house from Mattamy in the Oakville Preseve and in particular the Jasmine model. We just purchased this recently and are not closing until March of 2015, but thought we could start to talk with fellow colleagues of the community and neighourhood. I would love to hear from anyone who has bought the Jasmine model from Mattamy and your experiences. We are starting to look at upgrade options for our design centre appointments - there are so many options and small details that sometimes it's hard to plan without being able to visualize the end result.

If anyone has pictures of Jasmine models in its finished state that would be great to see - it will definitely help in selecting some of our upgrades.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the neighbourhood, the mattamy experience, and of course your thoughts on the Jasmine model as well.

Thanks.
Old 2015-04-02, 10:37 AM
Regular User

Here is one that sold recently...http://youtu.be/Hf3hjdWGp5k
Old 2015-04-04, 07:55 PM

Thanks for sharing Furrgy - good to get real pictures of our model so that we can see how the finishing may look. By any chance did you get the chef's kitchen or just standard? The house in those pictures has the chef's and we have the regular layout - just wondering if you also got the regular and are content or liked the look of chef's in that picture.

We have our design centre appointment soon so just trying to get as much research and knowledge before picking our selections.

Thanks for the info.
Old 2015-04-04, 08:52 PM
Regular User

We have the regular one. In my opinion although the openess of the chef kitchen and layout of the island is nice, the changes to the number of cabinets, mudroom and dining/great room footprint is not.

I think I have posted some photos of our kitchen under construction on this forum...unfortunately I do t have a photo handy at the moment.

http://hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/v...ic.php?t=56727
Old 2015-04-04, 09:05 PM

Thanks, I agree with your thoughts as well regarding what you have to compromise if going with chef's choice - glad we stuck to the standard layout as well. Nice pics! Looks like it turned out well - we are also thinking of white cabinets...my wife was thinking of getting a built in wodden hood cover (I'm still on the fence) - how much did yours approx cost? Also, do you know if with the grande kitchen layout (built in appliances) they do built in fridge as well? I was looking at the design guide and they mention builtin cooktop and oven but not fridge...just wondering if they even offer that.

How do you find the neighbourhood?
Old 2015-04-04, 09:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep View Post
Thanks, I agree with your thoughts as well regarding what you have to compromise if going with chef's choice - glad we stuck to the standard layout as well. Nice pics! Looks like it turned out well - we are also thinking of white cabinets...my wife was thinking of getting a built in wodden hood cover (I'm still on the fence) - how much did yours approx cost? Also, do you know if with the grande kitchen layout (built in appliances) they do built in fridge as well? I was looking at the design guide and they mention builtin cooktop and oven but not fridge...just wondering if they even offer that.

How do you find the neighbourhood?
They will do pretty much anything - you just need to $$$ for it! If it helps our kitchen was the one down from the highest package (sorry I forget the name as this was all 2 years ago when we picked it). I can't recall the price of the hood I think it was a few thousand. Enjoy the process! :-)
Old 2015-04-04, 09:34 PM
Regular User

Here is another link to jasmine photos - it was a home that sold last year I think. Personally, the finishes and colours chosen by this homeowner are not great (sorry!) so I don't think it shows well - but If you can overlook that, you can get a sense of the layout.

http://www.rstours.ca/10264a
Old 2015-04-04, 09:49 PM

Wow, perfect...thanks for these pics! This definitely helps to better visually understand what we are getting...and yes, you are right on the suggestion to overlook the finishes

Thanks again for your help and insights - it's appreciated!