Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-08-18, 01:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxborough View Post
Interesting. Summerside South. Anyone have any time lines and the location of this phase?
I'm looking into the timeline but the area is:

The Mattamy Bisson Lands are situated south of Avalon West (Neighbourhood 5)within the East Urban Community (EUC) between Mer Bleue Road and Tenth Line Road, Innes Road and Wall Road. The Mattamy Bisson Lands are approximately 32 ha in size and are located to the west and east sides of an existing SWM facility block. It is proposed that the developed area will be comprised of a mix of residential dwellings (single detached and townhomes) and two (2) parks.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...73231344,d.bGQ

Last edited by Almost_Home; 2014-08-18 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2014-08-18, 04:28 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the link. The last rumor that I had heard was that Mattamy would start building around the sales centre on 10th Line next. With Minto now preparing the adjacent land next to this area, I figured we wouldn't have long to wait before Mattamy would commence.
Old 2014-08-19, 03:54 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know if Mattamy owns any other land in the area? I know the land between the eastern boundary of Summerside and Trim Rd is designated "rural" zoning, but is it owned by any builders? Guess I'm just wondering if it will be developed any time soon as my backyard neighbours are currently a bunch of birds/frogs etc.
Old 2014-08-21, 01:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Thanks for the link. The last rumor that I had heard was that Mattamy would start building around the sales centre on 10th Line next. With Minto now preparing the adjacent land next to this area, I figured we wouldn't have long to wait before Mattamy would commence.
It will probably be a minimum of 6 months before we see the sales centre open, couple quite possible be longer.

Old 2014-08-21, 05:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastendGirl View Post
Does anyone know if Mattamy owns any other land in the area? I know the land between the eastern boundary of Summerside and Trim Rd is designated "rural" zoning, but is it owned by any builders? Guess I'm just wondering if it will be developed any time soon as my backyard neighbours are currently a bunch of birds/frogs etc.
It is my understanding that Mattamy does own the land east of Summerside to Trim Rd. This land is currently outside of the City of Ottawa's boundaries and it may be several years before it is developed.
Old 2014-08-25, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
It is my understanding that Mattamy does own the land east of Summerside to Trim Rd. This land is currently outside of the City of Ottawa's boundaries and it may be several years before it is developed.
The City of Ottawa boundary is much more east - up until Canaan road (i.e., edge of Cumberland). Cumberland is within the city of Ottawa boundary.
Old 2014-08-25, 08:04 PM
Regular User

Note that there is a difference between the Ottawa 'urban boundary' and the city boundary. One is slated for immediate/current development, and the other is much later.

Old 2015-10-13, 04:27 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know how you go about registering your child for the new Avalon school on Portobello/Stormwind? The OCDSB website explains you just register by going to the school but this one will not be ready until Sept 2016. I've emailed them but have yet to get a response.

http://www.ocdsb.ca/sch/as/Pages/New...ry-School.aspx