Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2009-04-30, 11:19 PM
Regular User

Question Final Purchase Price

hello people!

this might be a stupid question, but bear with me as i am a newbie in this process.

we are planning to get a few upgrades done for apprx. 25K and we plan to add as much as we can to our mortgage.

does our property tax get calculated based on the total purchase price (upgrades included on top of the cost of the house)???
Possession date: APRIL 1, 2010
Old 2009-04-30, 11:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
hello people!

this might be a stupid question, but bear with me as i am a newbie in this process.

we are planning to get a few upgrades done for apprx. 25K and we plan to add as much as we can to our mortgage.

does our property tax get calculated based on the total purchase price (upgrades included on top of the cost of the house)???
sort of, it is based on the assessed value. which some of those upgrades will cause an increase. assessments are handled by MPAC. http://www.mpac.ca/