Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-05-04, 10:46 PM
Regular User

Default Urbandale - San Rafael III - RS

Hi everyone,

I am a long-time lurker (over the last year) and these forums have been invaluable to my wife and myself. I wanted to share my experience with Urbandale (which so far has been extremely positive, knock on wood), and give anyone on the fence to ask me questions about the building process, our experience, etc.

We bought a San Rafael Series III end unit townhouse in Riverside South. We close on May 25th (after a very short delay) and are very excited.

Urbandale has been both courteous and professional throughout the entire process, from the sales office through the design centre.

Please feel free to browse my photo gallery of the house progress here or check out my website at http://www.peatt.net where we post fairly regularly.

Here is a pic from last week; finishing the bricking:

I look forward to getting to know you all on this forum and I am excited to meet our future neighbours on Jersey Tea!
Purchase Date - May 11 2008
Original Closing Date - May 11 2009
Revised Closing Date - May 25 2009
Click here for the building photo gallery

Last edited by 287JerseyTea; 2009-05-04 at 10:51 PM.
Old 2009-05-04, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Hi there!

Nice to meet a neighbor on here. We're just around the corner from you on Coral Berry. We also had a great experience with Urbandale (had issues with some parts of the design center, but when we got a new designer everything got better).

I've found the build process of our home beyond excellent. Our builder is amazing to work with, and everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) has been done to our liking thus far.

Our tile was just installed last week and cabinets being installed this week. I've found our builder to be more than helpful for any questions we've had...and the one thing that we noticed they did wrong (they did not properly center one of our potlights), they ended up taking care of it the very next day.

We had many, many items on change orders (more than 100) and everything has been completed properly by them. Can't say good enough things about them at this point in time.
Old 2009-05-04, 10:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S and B View Post
Hi there!

Nice to meet a neighbor on here. We're just around the corner from you on Coral Berry. We also had a great experience with Urbandale (had issues with some parts of the design center, but when we got a new designer everything got better).

I've found the build process of our home beyond excellent. Our builder is amazing to work with, and everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) has been done to our liking thus far.

Our tile was just installed last week and cabinets being installed this week. I've found our builder to be more than helpful for any questions we've had...and the one thing that we noticed they did wrong (they did not properly center one of our potlights), they ended up taking care of it the very next day.

We had many, many items on change orders (more than 100) and everything has been completed properly by them. Can't say good enough things about them at this point in time.
It's nice when it works out, eh? Nice to meet you!
Old 2009-05-04, 11:03 PM
Regular User

No kidding!

Nice to meet you too, btw!
Old 2009-05-04, 11:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine&Chris View Post
Whoa! I see your garage is configured differently than the San Rafael's around here... Is your house the Series 3 model?? San Rafael is a really nice model and I covet your double garage Will your front door be painted the same [not so] lovely shade of brown that ours was painted today? We have the same brick package...

While we had our fair share of screwups and design centre and trade troubles, overall it is not too shabby and the house itself is great.

And a bonus for you guys waiting to move in: The Customer Care person who deals with warranty issues is really really great and efficient!!! Just sucks they wait til the last minute to do 30 day items.

Good luck with your move! btw: I looked at your site, your cats are so cute!
No paint on the doors yet so I dont know. It is the series III, but the lot is oversized with the side entrance instead of front entrance which I guess is the reason for the two door double garage. We have been peering in the windows and they have the floor in (Maple - Victorian stain) and about half of the kitchen cabinets (Birch - Shaker - Coconut Stain). Our PDI is scheduled for the 20th and we have hired Phil Acker to accompany us due to the great advice he has provided everyone here.

The cats are definitely cute - I am sure they long to get out of this tiny apartment and into something they can run around in!