Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2010-05-10, 05:59 PM
Regular User

What's the $500 stuctural change admin fee about? And has anyone had it waived???
Old 2010-05-17, 05:50 PM
Regular User

You guys are lucky that you get to pay $500 to get a structural meeting. That wasn't even an option to us. Considering most of the structural changes are permanent and will cost tons to change afterwards, $500 is really not that big of a deal. But I agree that the builder hasn't been consistent with what they are doing to each phase, and their decor centre can never seem to put their acts together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenoq View Post
What's the $500 stuctural change admin fee about? And has anyone had it waived???

Old 2010-05-17, 09:36 PM
Regular User

The $500 Structural fee is the cost that the engineer charges to make changes to the plans.
We are moving a wall and a window and making the opening b/n the kitchen and family room larger. All these changes were covered under the $500 fee.
Old 2010-06-14, 02:33 PM

Default hardwood flooring

Is anyone familiar with hardwood flooring? We were planning on raising our tiles and nosing in order to accomodate the installation of future hardwood floors after we move in. However, I heard that if you install engineered hardwood flooring - that raising the tiles and nosing is not necessary, as engineered flooring is typically less thick than solid hardwood flooring. Can anyone confirm this to be true?
Old 2010-06-14, 03:40 PM
Regular User

I bought from Greenpark and had them raise my tiles and nosings to 3/4" and I just had engineered hardwood installed after closing and it is a perfectly smooth transition. No reducers were required - just as I wanted it. Mine was 3/4" thick. You need to pick your wood before you finalize your upgrades and once you pick your wood you inquire as to the thickness of it and go from there. If you want your stairs to match your wood you will have to pick from the two manufacturers that Greenpark installs (Vintage or Mirage) whether or not you have them install it or do it after closing because Greenpark will only match the stairs stain in a colour from those two manufacturers.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:38 PM
Regular User

Digging is supposed to start August 23, 2010!!! 1 Mth away
So Exciting!!
Old 2010-07-26, 11:18 PM
Regular User

We went last weekend, the footing are in. They started with lot 72.....maybe by this weekend the foundation will be up..
Old 2010-07-29, 04:08 PM
Regular User

Oh Very Exciting!! We are on a different street and they haven't started digging our house yet (Lot #4)...but I drive by all the time to check
Old 2010-12-12, 07:31 PM
Regular User

Default RiverHill

We bought the green park new home @Riverhill Drive, today we went by and it seems the builder didn't even start digging at all around area @RiverHill Dr., JAZZ Dr. MURET CRES area , anyone bought the same house nearby?