Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2010-08-08, 08:50 PM

Default Heathwood Traditions, Milton

I was hoping to get a community forum started here for all Heathwood Traditions home buyers. Register to post your experiences with their Upgrades/Decor Centre. What was a the absolute must-haves? What do you now really wish you had done and who did upgrades after closing. Who did you hire to do them. All the help and advice will be appreciated!
Old 2010-08-09, 11:12 PM

Default New to Heathwood

We are closing in february. Looking for a really good carpenter to do built in media centre in family room and two pantry in kitchen. Recommendations appreciated!
Old 2010-08-10, 09:43 PM

Default Which model did you buy?

My daughter is also a 'newbie' to HT in Milton. She closes in December on Dunca Lane. I bought one of the last sites on Holloway Terrace. I will let you know if i hear of a good carpenter! What upgrades did you get?
Old 2010-08-12, 07:19 PM

Default Model: Lexington

We bought on Main street. Focused our upgrades on hardwood floors and upgraded kitchen. Thats pretty much it. A bit of extra electrical here and there and hundreds of dollars later. Found everything else to be nuts in pricing. I really wanted to put a clawfoot tub in the ensuite but to do the tub and the plumbing it was in the neighbourhood of 8k. Upgrading just tiles so something nice with accents was about 5k. just about had a stroke!

Last edited by DHM; 2010-08-12 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2010-08-12, 10:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHM View Post
Focused our upgrades on hardwood floors and upgraded kitchen.
I always recommend focusing on structural stuff & things that are hard or impossible to do later.
Anything "cosmetic" like paint, granite, door levers, hardwood floors, etc. can easily be done after closing for less $.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:37 PM

Default usually

Normally yes, I agree it would be better. But not what we got...
Old 2010-08-14, 12:10 AM
Regular User

As long as you got a great deal, it's all good
Old 2010-08-16, 08:36 PM

Default Carpenter

Quote:
We are closing in february. Looking for a really good carpenter to do built in media centre in family room and two pantry in kitchen. Recommendations appreciated!
Not sure how much you want to spend, but if you want a really good job, there is a place called Terra Cotta Woodworks Inc in nearby Caledon that do a fine job..worthy of the Lexington Model!
http://www.terracottawoodworks.com/
Old 2010-08-19, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the link. Looks like they do awesome work...with probably an awesome price . I would love to have some of their work but...
Old 2010-08-22, 04:59 PM

Default and what about A/C?

Quote:
We bought on Main street. Focused our upgrades on hardwood floors and upgraded kitchen. Thats pretty much it. A bit of extra electrical here and there and hundreds of dollars later. Found everything else to be nuts in pricing. I really wanted to put a clawfoot tub in the ensuite but to do the tub and the plumbing it was in the neighbourhood of 8k. Upgrading just tiles so something nice with accents was about 5k. just about had a stroke!
Did you get heathwood to put in your AC unit? How big a unit do you need for your house?