Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2010-12-03, 11:30 PM
Regular User

Default Eagle Hills Touchstone homes

Hi there,

I have purchased a townhome from Touchstone in the Eagle Hills area. The closing date is at the end of next May. I'm wondering if anyone who also bought there had their decor appointment yet. Or even anyone who had bought previous phases. From my understanding I would only get one chance to select my colors and upgrades (says on the contract that I need to pay $150 for any changes).

If anyone has upgrade prices from Touchstone, I would really really appreciate if you can post them up. I'm mostly interested in kitchen cabinets upgrade and hardwood floor staining for the ground floor and the stairs.

I'll share my info once I have mine. But it looks like I won't get it till Dec or after.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 2010-12-05, 10:51 PM
Regular User

For those who are also waiting for their decor appointment from Touchstone, here's a piece of information I've learned (from the sales office). It will cost $350 to open up each opening if you have any halfway with bulkhead. For example, in the model home there is such a wall in between the kitchen and the family room, there are a total of three openings. It sounds like they can't remove that wall entirely but they can maximize the opening to open up the space. I've bought the same model as the model home so this is definitely something I'm interested in. For those who have purchased other models it may be good to check if there are such walls in your plan as that "wall" does not really show on the floorplan.
Old 2010-12-08, 11:10 AM

Hi gwmchung,

We also bought with Touchstone, closing at the end of May. We are going to our decor appointment mid-Dec, and I'll PM you afterwards. We also want to stain the floors/stairs and have no idea what that cost looks like... I'll keep you posted.

This is our second Touchstone home; our current one was built by them and we are happy. No major issues and they've responded well to all minor ones.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Glad to meet a Touchstone neighbor finally! I've actually gotten my decor appointment scheduled for next week too. edamommy, I guess you have also received the list of common upgrades and prices from the decor center.

I have some upgrades thrown into my offer, and when I signed they told me I can get credit for it if I do change my mind later on. When I verified this with decor center, they told me the opposite. So I went back to the sales center and clarified. And turned out I can still change my mind and get credit instead (though the credit is not very good compared to the upgrades). Anyways, my point is, if anyone out there is in the same situation, just ask the sales office and they should honour what they told you previously.
Old 2010-12-08, 07:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmchung View Post
Glad to meet a Touchstone neighbor finally! I've actually gotten my decor appointment scheduled for next week too. edamommy, I guess you have also received the list of common upgrades and prices from the decor center.

I have some upgrades thrown into my offer, and when I signed they told me I can get credit for it if I do change my mind later on. When I verified this with decor center, they told me the opposite. So I went back to the sales center and clarified. And turned out I can still change my mind and get credit instead (though the credit is not very good compared to the upgrades). Anyways, my point is, if anyone out there is in the same situation, just ask the sales office and they should honour what they told you previously.
Word of advice, get everything in writing. Don't count on what anyone "says".
Old 2010-12-11, 11:01 PM

Quote:
For those who are also waiting for their decor appointment from Touchstone, here's a piece of information I've learned (from the sales office). It will cost $350 to open up each opening if you have any halfway with bulkhead. For example, in the model home there is such a wall in between the kitchen and the family room, there are a total of three openings. It sounds like they can't remove that wall entirely but they can maximize the opening to open up the space. I've bought the same model as the model home so this is definitely something I'm interested in. For those who have purchased other models it may be good to check if there are such walls in your plan as that "wall" does not really show on the floorplan.
Nice to meet you, too, neighbour! Yes, we got the upgrades list too, but it didn't have very much on it. As for the add-ons they threw in, we also opted for the upgrades rather than the credit for the same reason - more value. Thanks to your advice, we got it in writing today. :-)
Old 2010-12-11, 11:03 PM

Oh, and by the way, gwmchung, I LOVE your layout (same as model home, right?).
Old 2010-12-13, 01:29 PM
Regular User

Thanks=) Yes, same as the model home. I'm still debating whether to raise those 'bulkheads' between the kitchen and the family room or not. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edamommy View Post
Oh, and by the way, gwmchung, I LOVE your layout (same as model home, right?).
Old 2010-12-15, 10:39 PM
Regular User

Had my decor appointment today. If anyone who bought from this site has any questions about upgrades/decor, feel free to ask me.

I did extend the passageways' height, if anyone is curious =)
Old 2010-12-18, 11:30 AM

Smile

Hi,

Sorry - just seeing your Q about the passageway height. Good choice on extending it. We did it here in this house and it lets a lot more light in.

We had our appointment yesterday - I was pleasantly surprised with the floor/stair stain costs.

Too excited about moving now!

Quote:
Had my decor appointment today. If anyone who bought from this site has any questions about upgrades/decor, feel free to ask me.

I did extend the passageways' height, if anyone is curious =)