Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2012-02-24, 06:09 PM

Thanks Maverick. Doubtful that the builder would make a typo on something so significant. I even compared with the Schedule A -Features list on a previous Arista development (Churchill Meadows) and clearly 9ft ceilings have been taken out.

Our lawyer's opinion is that it was intentionally removed (maybe Arista will offer it as an upgrade, who knows) but that for me would be gross misrepresentation as the sales folk repeatedly told us 9 ft ceilings are included and have always been standard feature in their homes. If they will not agree to make an amendment in the legal contract, we may have to bow out :-(

Wonder what the reaction of other recent Arista buyers out there??
Old 2012-03-02, 09:16 AM

Default Arista issue resolved

Just to close the loop on the issue of Standard features with Arista... After several back & forth with the Sales ofc, our lawyer and their lawyer we managed to include an "amended" list of Standard Features (that includes the 9ft ceilings and should have been there in the 1st place) in our Purchase Agreement.

The Sales ofc was giving out the amended Schedule A last week so for recent Arista buyers I would make sure you do the same.

So... all's well for now (?) I guess we just have to be vigilant homebuyers in every single step of this process - up till closing and the warranty is over!

Thanks for the input on this forum. Keep sharing!