Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-05-10, 12:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
Lot #9.. and you?
wow crazy briar! We're going to be sharing a backyard! i'm in 36' thats actually 40' #10.
Old 2011-05-11, 07:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxsedan View Post
wow crazy briar! We're going to be sharing a backyard! i'm in 36' thats actually 40' #10.
Thats pretty cool! I've already met the neighbors from 7 and 8 as well.. Not sure who is in 11 yet.. I'll send you a message later with my email address and we can keep in touch if anything comes up..

Have you seen any plans for what will be beside your house on the other side?
Old 2011-05-24, 01:27 PM
Regular User

We were at the sales centre over the weekend and 43' singles have closing date of December 2012.

Does anyone know why it would take Mattamy a year and a half to build singles when other builders can do so in 1 year (Tamarack in Half Moon Bay South) or 8 months (Monarch in Stonebridge) in the same area?

Is it because they are selling units before securing the permits? I really like some of the Mattamy layout but the long closing date (not to mention potential delays that can extend into 2013) is making us sitting on the fence with respect to Mattamy and we will probably look elsewhere.
Old 2011-05-24, 02:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
We were at the sales centre over the weekend and 43' singles have closing date of December 2012.

Does anyone know why it would take Mattamy a year and a half to build singles when other builders can do so in 1 year (Tamarack in Half Moon Bay South) or 8 months (Monarch in Stonebridge) in the same area?

Is it because they are selling units before securing the permits? I really like some of the Mattamy layout but the long closing date (not to mention potential delays that can extend into 2013) is making us sitting on the fence with respect to Mattamy and we will probably look elsewhere.
Only guessing - They are starting a brand new develpment in Orleans with closing dates starting at the end of 2011 and into the beginning of 2012 so maybe they will have alot of trades tied up in that subdivision. And yes Mattmay does sell their homes without permits. They used to be sneaky about this and lie (they did this to us in HMB and were delayed 7 months) but they were flat out with us this time in Orleans. They do have their infrasture permits now and once that is done they have to get the permits to build the homes.

Bought our first home with Mattamy - Dec. 07 - Moved in April 2009 (1 year 4 months)
Bought our second home with Mattamy - Oct. 10 - Scheduled to move in March 2012 (1 year 5 months)

These long closing dates worked for us though - so it all depends on your timeline and how long your willing to wait.

Last edited by Almost_Home; 2011-05-24 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2011-06-15, 08:12 PM

just bought a Mattamy home ( meadowridge ) looking to see if anyone has pictures. No show homes only floor plans. thanks
Old 2011-07-14, 12:44 PM
Regular User

Default Village Townhomes: Phase 1 HMB South

Hey Everyone,

We purchased our Village Townhome a few weeks ago and are closing December 2012. Looking to connect with other "Villagers" while we go through the design stages and beyond. We selected the Thornbury End Model, Lot 110-05.

We've had some casual visits to the Design Centre to look around. I've heard the kitchen cabinet contract has been confirmed for Phase 1 of HMB-South with Laurysen Kitchens and the new cabinet doors have arrived at the DC and there is a huge selection now.

Also had a quick chat with our customer care consultant and she was great.

Last edited by thecotnams; 2011-07-17 at 07:41 AM.
Old 2011-09-18, 07:25 PM
Regular User

I drove by the site today and it seems like they're hard at work clearing the land and installing services...

Just curious what other future owners in HMBS have for closing dates? We are in one of the 43 foot lots and we close end of Sept 2012..
Old 2011-09-18, 08:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by testinz View Post
Are you in the Mattamy new release area or phase 6 close to the elementary school?
We're in Half Moon Bay South Phase 1: http://www.mattamyhomes.com/Ottawa/C...es/SiteMap.pdf
Old 2011-09-18, 11:33 PM

Just bought a Meadowridge a few weeks ago. Our closing date is in April 2012. Hello all new neighbors Btw did anyone get anything extra beyond the standard 5k design center credit?
Old 2011-09-19, 09:17 AM
Regular User

We purchased a town about 4 months ago and received 5K design centre credit and 3 stainless steel appliances. I believe this is only offered to the towns right now.