Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2011-04-10, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb Stouffville Vs. Ajax Homes

We Were Planning On Booking A New Home In Ajax Mostly Becz Of The Price.

You Could Get A 3100 Sq Ft In Ajax For Bout 470k, (BTW They're Nice Looking Homes).

Here In Stouffville For 3100 Sq Ft It's Near 600k.

Price Wise It's Cheaper To Buy In Ajax, But The Resale Value Isn't As Good Like Stouffville.

I Don't Wanna Move To Ajax And 5 Years L8R When I Sell I Don't Make Anything, But In Stouffville I'll Make Something.

Figured Stouffville Was The Way To Go!!
Old 2011-04-11, 08:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvi View Post
We Were Planning On Booking A New Home In Ajax Mostly Becz Of The Price.

You Could Get A 3100 Sq Ft In Ajax For Bout 470k, (BTW They're Nice Looking Homes).

Here In Stouffville For 3100 Sq Ft It's Near 600k.

Price Wise It's Cheaper To Buy In Ajax, But The Resale Value Isn't As Good Like Stouffville.

I Don't Wanna Move To Ajax And 5 Years L8R When I Sell I Don't Make Anything, But In Stouffville I'll Make Something.

Figured Stouffville Was The Way To Go!!
Money is one things but it's also the area. It really all depends on what you want. I have lived in Pickering and Whitby and honestly, would not want to do so again. I find it very crowed.

Stoufville is such a lovely place, I feel relaxed whenever I go there. Everyone is so nice. I personally do not find that in the Durham region.

Phil
Old 2011-04-11, 09:20 AM
Regular User

Also, the property tax rates in the municipality the Durham region is a lot higher than in the rates in the York region.
Old 2011-04-11, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Stoufville is such a lovely place, I feel relaxed whenever I go there. Everyone is so nice. I personally do not find that in the Durham region.
I second that. Stouffville has this vacation place feel to it. I love cycling here - it's always so quiet and relaxing wherever I go.
Old 2011-04-11, 09:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvi View Post
Are your intentions to sell after 5 years and downsize? Or move East?

Since you've posted a few threads on buying and selling investment property and hoping for a big rise in Stouffville home prices, I'll assume you're playing the real estate market for profit. If you don't plan on downsizing or moving further away where housing is cheaper, there won't be any profit.

You acquire equity in your principle residence, profit not so much.