Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-05-02, 09:07 PM

Default Claridge- Findlay Creek

Thinking of buying a Claridge townhouse in Findlay Creek/Sundance -Wembley model. First time buying a new house, first time buying from Claridge too. Any future neighbours? any advice on how to deal with builder? kinda scared to buy close to cemetary!! or should i be more scared buying from claridge? (hehehe!)
Old 2011-05-02, 09:13 PM
Regular User

The cemetary is no biggy and you'll be far away from it anyways...but I'd recommend going with another builder. Had one and will NEVER buy one again, Currently live in a Tartan and closed on our new Tartan today and the house is 99% perfect!!! Claridge was still coming to our house 2 years later to RE-FIX things. JMO

Old 2011-05-04, 09:12 AM
Regular User

Have you looked at ANY of their model homes? I was all gong ho on buying one until I actually went in and checked out their work. Does not even compare to the other builders, just sayin.
Old 2011-05-04, 11:04 AM
Regular User

Hi,
I really have never heard anything positive about Claridge. I would suggest you check out Tartan and Tamarack. I wonder when they are starting Sundance development?
Old 2011-05-04, 11:12 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcol27 View Post
Hi,
I really have never heard anything positive about Claridge. I would suggest you check out Tartan and Tamarack. I wonder when they are starting Sundance development?
Councillor Desroches mentioned at the Findlay Creek Community Association town hall that construction at Sundance would begin Fall 2011.

The Wembley is one of the nicer designs for a Claridge townhome (IMHO). A lot of their other models waste a lot of space on the main floor...

sakugina, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you take a look at the Claridge model homes (I believe they have some in Hunt Club) just to get a feel of what you're getting, and what not.

Old 2011-05-04, 11:20 AM
Regular User

I lived in a Claridge home (I was renting it but it was only 3 years old) and that house was of poor quality! I would never buy Claridge either. JMHO

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013

Old 2011-05-05, 11:18 AM
Regular User

I purchased a Stirling model at Findlay Creek, closing July 2012. I'm a little worried though hearing all the negative things about Claridge. When we looked through the model home it looked OK, maybe the finishings weren't as nice as Tamarack or Tartan but the price was much better.
Old 2011-05-05, 12:14 PM
Regular User

I agree, I now have three friends who have moved into their new claridge towns and love it. No major problems other than a few cosmetic things at their pdi. While they may not compare at the higher end singles, they seem to be well built and surprisingly nicely finished. For a starter home I think they're really nice and well priced.
Old 2011-05-05, 12:51 PM
Regular User

It seems like Claridge has recently improved the quality of their builds because I haven't heard any complaints from my friends who have just moved into their new townhomes with Claridge. I purchased the Wembley III townhome in findlay creek closing June 2012 and so far I haven't had any complaints about their service.
Old 2011-05-06, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the great replies!

I've gone to the model homes at hunt club gate and bridlewood and they look nice but im no expert. The Tartan models are way nicer but also way more expensive.

I know some people from around walkley/greenboro area that have bought Claridge houses in the past 5 or so years and they seem to have had positive experiences with them.

We haven't signed yet, but they're offering a really good deal and they have a really good grand opening bonus...