Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-05-16, 02:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
The Cheasapeake has a two storey great room where as the Platina does not. Less material needed so maybe that's why it's cheaper.

Take a look at Tamarack's Essex and Oxford models. Similar floor plans but the Essex has a two storey family room and is cheaper of the two.
We liked both of the Tamarack models, but the Essex family room just seemed like a joke....very small. They are actually changing the plan a bit and making the family room bigger. We did firm up on the Oxford and are glad we did.
Old 2011-05-16, 09:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpreet View Post
We liked both of the Tamarack models, but the Essex family room just seemed like a joke....very small. They are actually changing the plan a bit and making the family room bigger. We did firm up on the Oxford and are glad we did.
Congrats!

In my neighbourhood, the Oxford is definetely the more prevalent model and it seems to be a popular model everywhere else also.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2011-05-24, 09:13 PM
Regular User

I totally agree on the Oxford, it is a beauty floorplan and a nice product. We opted for the Essex as they changed the floor plan quite a bit since it's older version and made changes to the family/great room and the updstairs layout w/laundry etc. There was a fair price difference between the two as well and we had a large lot premium...

Cheers
Old 2012-05-22, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
Hey all,

So this is my first time purchasing a single home -ever- and this deal seems a little too good to be true?

Cheasapeake: 3543 - 3562 Sq. ft. — 50 ft. lot, $499,000
http://www.phoenixhomes.ca/homes/hom...0Family%20Home

I mean, the Platina is smaller AND more expensive - This puzzles me. I figure there must be something horribly wrong with the Cheasapeake but I don't know what...

I know Phoenix often delays their closing time but I'm more concerned about the building materials, structural integrity, etc.

If anyone could help me out, I would be so grateful!
THANKS! : ]
I just bought cheseapeake. Similar material like other builders. Remember that the house is bulit by sub-contractors, in some cases same sub-contractors as for other builders. Only they are very unreasonable in their services. You can not get anything on time.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:05 PM

Congrats!! Chesapeake is a very nice house. Is it Energy Star? I find the open to above space houses take a lot of energy to cool/heat.