Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2011-09-23, 10:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstnewhome View Post
Hey mmhassa2, that's awesome, that is a huge house .. lots of stairs, love the look of it, what lot did you select? We selected Hardy Elevation C @ 117, I know that lot 116 is Haverhill, we might be neighbours.

What are the things that I should be asking on the structural appointment, I am really new to this and would love to get all the information possible.
I think you are right, future neighbour!! We're at lot 119...we'll get partial view of the ravine without having to pay the $$. Have you started to get any of the upgrade prices? I have gotten most of them and will be dropping by the decor center tomorrow to see the standards.
Old 2011-09-25, 11:12 PM

Default Future Neighbours

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhassa2 View Post
I think you are right, future neighbour!! We're at lot 119...we'll get partial view of the ravine without having to pay the $$. Have you started to get any of the upgrade prices? I have gotten most of them and will be dropping by the decor center tomorrow to see the standards.
Congratulations for both of you! When is your expected closing date?

Thanks
Old 2011-09-26, 08:07 AM
Regular User

Thanks we asked the closing to be as late as possible but got the 1st week of June. We're hoping for a delay as we'd like for our daughter to finish school at her current school before we have to move.

On a brighter note, I heard from the lady that works at the decor center and lives in the castlefield community that they started digging our lot. Will have to drop by today to take some pics

Also we went to the decor center and looked at all the standards which are pretty nice, BUT I could not believe my eyes when I saw the backsplash they are offering!!!! They are just hideous!! So we'll be getting them installed after we close even though the standard is coming with the house and the cost to upgrade is laughable.
Old 2011-09-26, 10:48 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewBuyer View Post
Congratulations for both of you! When is your expected closing date?

Thanks

Hey, Our Closing date is approx June 11 2012..
Old 2011-09-26, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Quote:

Hey mmhassa2, I currently live in ajax, just 0.5 km from the location, How did you get all the upgrade pricing already? did you had to book an appointment thru decor center? are you able to list some upgrade prices here on site or email me.

went to see my lot yesterday and there and I think the digging might have started, cause it was filled with water. and I have also notice that I have the big green box in the front. , don't mind the light pole. but that green box needs to move..
Old 2011-09-26, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstnewhome View Post
Hey mmhassa2, I currently live in ajax, just 0.5 km from the location, How did you get all the upgrade pricing already? did you had to book an appointment thru decor center? are you able to list some upgrade prices here on site or email me.

went to see my lot yesterday and there and I think the digging might have started, cause it was filled with water. and I have also notice that I have the big green box in the front. , don't mind the light pole. but that green box needs to move..
I hate leaving things on the hands of others, so I called, emailed, and then visited the decor center to get the prices. We only get 1 structural and 1 decor appointment where you need to decide and since hubby gave me a teeny tiny budget of $15K to upgrade I needed to get my must haves and whatnot arranged before each of the appointments. You can msg me your email address and I will forward you the pricing, but remember it's our model so your prices will be slightly different.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:01 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I hate leaving things on the hands of others, so I called, emailed, and then visited the decor center to get the prices. We only get 1 structural and 1 decor appointment where you need to decide and since hubby gave me a teeny tiny budget of $15K to upgrade I needed to get my must haves and whatnot arranged before each of the appointments. You can msg me your email address and I will forward you the pricing, but remember it's our model so your prices will be slightly different.

Great info here, I will start working on those calls and email, I believe we can visit decor center when there is browsing hours..is that correct? is this one @ 505 consumers rd? I went to that place the other day it was closed, looks small from out side..
Thanks again will wait for your email.

Last edited by firstnewhome; 2011-09-26 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:56 PM

Unhappy My experience with CastleField - Medallion

I thought of sharing my experience.
The only triggered best layout & floor plan I ever seen while I was hunting houses. Totaly satisfied with the design. I would say my overall satisfaction is 75%. Bcoz...
In your PDI be extra careful about how the ceiling was done, Caulking/Sealant in/out, Carpeting. Not happy with the job done in those areas. Itís obvious that they use cheap labor or cheap sub-contractors with less experience.
Old 2011-09-26, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks we asked the closing to be as late as possible but got the 1st week of June. We're hoping for a delay as we'd like for our daughter to finish school at her current school before we have to move.

On a brighter note, I heard from the lady that works at the decor center and lives in the castlefield community that they started digging our lot. Will have to drop by today to take some pics

Also we went to the decor center and looked at all the standards which are pretty nice, BUT I could not believe my eyes when I saw the backsplash they are offering!!!! They are just hideous!! So we'll be getting them installed after we close even though the standard is coming with the house and the cost to upgrade is laughable.
That's really great news. My expected closing date will be mid-March next year. The other upgrades can be done after closing is the stained staircase. I believe most contractor are willing to do much less as I went to different places for the price.
Old 2011-09-26, 07:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewBuyer View Post
That's really great news. My expected closing date will be mid-March next year. The other upgrades can be done after closing is the stained staircase. I believe most contractor are willing to do much less as I went to different places for the price.
Would you mind sharing some of your quotes? Builder wants around $6K to stain them since we have 2 different sets of stairs....so we're going to be brave and do it ourselves. But if the price to get it done by a pro afterwards is more reasonable we might consider going that route.