Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2011-08-30, 02:42 PM
Regular User

Default Grand Chateaus - Genview Homes

New member here, anyone else purchase a home from Genview Homes the Grand Chateaus development (Bayview/Vandorf)?
Old 2011-09-06, 06:14 AM
Regular User

No. But tell us more.. This seems like a great project. What size home did you get, details on upgrades, cost for those upgrades, etc.
Good luck am enjoy.
Old 2011-09-08, 03:57 PM
Regular User

Which neighbourhood are in MooF?
Old 2011-09-09, 12:04 AM
Regular User

Bayview Club at Wellington. Kylemore homes. Love the area , can't beat the convenience. We bought a model inventory so we could not upgrade but most of the options were already upgraded such as wrought iron, open staircase to basement, smooth ceilings, dozens of Potlights and we plan to do more.

Tandem garage is a great feature if you can't do 3car. Definitely upgrade things you cannot do yourself. Such as 10' main, 8ft interior doors, smooth ceilings. Crowns, Potlights, you can finish yourself (contract) and save a lot from the outrageous builder costs.

I think your $ range is fair for what you are getting. Belfontain is nice but expensive. And quite frankly, that subdivision lacks character. Nice homes piled on top of each other with no privacy. For 1.x million I expect some land and trees.

Enjoy and keep in mind those upgrades. I don't know many people who say "should have gotten the shorter ceilings .. "
Old 2011-09-12, 08:47 AM
Regular User

This area is the centre of the Universe in comparison to the various areas I've lived in the GTA. No other general area has all the amenities for a new family. Surely young bachelors would prefer DT Toronto.

CuJo was our neighbor owning 3 homes at one point. Something mus have fallen through forcing him to sell the two props at the same time. He put in several upgrades and finishes like a model - a good deal but perhaps a big pricey for the immediate competition.

The open basement entrance is an avail upgrade already built into our inventory. I wouldnt want it any other way. Depends on the model. I would presume all the Vandorf homes are defaulted this way.
Old 2011-10-11, 04:18 PM
Regular User

Hi, new member. I've also purchased in the Grand Chateaus. Excited to see all the progress being made. I bought the Champagne "B" elevation.
Old 2011-10-12, 10:19 AM
Regular User

Not finished the appointments yet. Still finalizing a few things but we are almost there. I think they will be digging very soon.
Old 2011-10-12, 01:07 PM
Regular User

I was one of the first to buy so i had $ 25,000.00 in upgrades included. It was part of an offer to the first buyers, not sure how many.

I'm doing hardwood on the entire main floor except laundry and powder, waffle ceiling in the family room, 8' doors, tile upgrades in the master ensuite, pot lights, smooth ceilings through out and a couple of other minor things.

I looked at 10' ceilings on the main but i thought it was too expenvsive and 9' on all 3 floors is already a nice feature.
Old 2011-10-12, 01:31 PM
Regular User

8' doors is a must, makes a huge difference!

Did the bonus package include Wolf/Sub-Zero appliances as well? I missed out on the incentives but was able to knock a bit off asking price. If you don't mind me asking, what was your lot premium? Or do you happen to remember the lot premium range?
Old 2011-10-12, 01:53 PM
Regular User

Have you visited the Crystal Glen's sales center for their Phase 2 of Grand Chateaus? For a 3000 sq ft bungalow it starts at 1.09M! Lot premiums range from 70k-150k. Crazy!