Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2011-09-23, 10:02 AM
Regular User

Default Maple Lane Homes- Innisfil

Anybody else buy with Maple Lane Homes in the Summer Lane development in Innisfil?
Old 2011-10-09, 12:10 AM

Default Maple Lane Homes - Summer Lane

Yes, we have. The closing date has been pushed back a few times now. Not unusual but it is getting to be worrying. We are hoping that they haven't run into some major problems for the delays by now...
What do you think?
Old 2011-10-09, 01:44 PM
Regular User

When was your original closing date and what have you been pushed back to now? We took the latest one we could so our closing is not until next July but we're beginning to wonder if we may end up being delayed even with a long wait still. We've called the sales centre a number of times for various things (price list for upgrades, when we will be able to do colour selections. etc.) and never get a straight answer about anything so we're a little unsure about how on top of things they are. Seems they aren't in a rush to get anything done and nobody seems to have answers.
Old 2011-10-13, 11:43 PM

We bought back in 2010 with the initial closing date in summer 2011. The date was then moved to winter 2011, then to spring 2012, the latest we were told is that we won't move in until sometime between April and December of 2012. It's an 8-month range! I'm surprised they gave you June as the latest available date. Are they planning to start and finish all houses at once? I imagine they will be very busy processing everyone's upgrades, sample selections, etc.
I haven't been able to find much info on Maple Lane Homes. It's amazing how much more is out there to research a toaster for example than there is to research the builder of your new home! It may be a good thing as negative information tends to get out there faster it may mean that there haven't been too many complains?
Old 2011-10-18, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Wow! We were under the impression that they had only released this phase in 2011. That's quite the delay and range for a new closing date. Our closing is set for July 5th, 2012 and we haven't heard anything about delays thus far but it's still early. We called the sales centre again a few days ago in regards to something we've been asking for since June and again got nowhere. They never even called us back. We've read some good reviews about homes they built in Richmond Hill but haven't found anything about homes they've built in Innisfil .. Ithink they have one other finished development? I'll admit I'm getting a bit peeved about the customer service we've received and hearing about your delay makes me wonder even more...
Old 2011-11-21, 08:37 PM

Default Article

Hi LJB,
Here is what I found another day
http://www.aware-simcoe.ca/council/i...velopment.html
They are saying that the lawsuit will not affect the existing homeowners at Wallace Mills, however they are also saying: Maple Lane was treated differently by the town... approvals for other parts of the Wallace Mills project were denied, deferred or postponed without justification.
This could explain the delay in getting permits for Summer Lane. I am really worrying at this point if the project is ever really going to happen at this rate.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:35 PM

Default Maple Lane - Innisfil

I purchased a home in Maple Lane's SummerLane development in August 2011 and was given the impression that it had just opened - I had no idea until today that it has been open since 2010. I am thinking of contacting the Township of Innisfil to see if I can determine the cause of the lengthy delay.....I was wondering if anyone else has tried to contact the township directly.
Old 2011-11-24, 08:56 PM

We have been thinking about contacting the town as well but we haven't done so yet because chances are since there is a $10 mil lawsuit pending the only thing the town would probably say is "No Comment". I wonder though: if it is indeed the town's fault in the delay than for how long can they keep sabotaging the project? The longer they sit on the paperwork the more financial risk is coming Maple Lane's way, not to mention the problems the delay may create for the homeowners. We in any case decided not to make any major changes in our lives (incl. packing the moving boxes ) for the time being.
Old 2011-12-10, 02:30 PM

Default Hey

Hi to everybody on here so far. My wife and I bought lot #22 this summer and were given the impression that the sales had just started at the beginning of the summer. We started to get a bit of the cold shoulder when we called the sale's centre in regards to our questions so I took it a bit further and called the project manager for this development at Maple Lane Homes. It didn't go well initially and to be honest I felt like we were being brushed off.

I am a real estate agent as well so I decided to start checking in on the facts stated on the purchase agreement. I knew there were potential for delays....didn't really bother us, but the customer service has been HORRIBLE! I spoke to Innisfil employees about permits and what not and as of right now there are no permits that have been granted for building in our sub-division. The builder has applied and they believe they will be approved, but as of right now there is nothing on the go and the town isn't helping things speed up. I've asked friends who've bought new homes in Innisfil and they say that there homes were delayed as well(different builders) and they said it was due to Innisfil by-laws and permit issues, etc.

Anyway, that is where we stand right now. I'm hoping the permits are approved by early spring so they can start our homes. It doesn't take long to build them once all the paperwork is in order.

Hope this helps to shed some light.

Dave.

PS, which lots do you guys have? We will have 3 little ones by the time we move. Do you guys have any kids?
Old 2012-02-23, 11:14 PM

Hi guys, im in the same boat and im glad to see i finally found some kind of information regarding the builder.
I had purchased lot #19 November and the original move in day was to be October 27, 2011.
1st push back was feb. 2012
2nd push is now june 2012.
I recently got engaged and this was my gift to my fiance, our dream house.