Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Hamilton-Wentworth > Waterdown

Waterdown Mountainview Heights, Starlane Homes and more!

Old 2011-12-21, 10:57 PM

Default Landmart - Waterdown

Just came accross this forum. We purchased a detached home in about October. We have been given a closing date of June 2013. What we were told at the time of purchase was that there was some sort of delay in getting the building permits approved from Hamilton. They were hopefull that the issue would be resolved soon but to be safe were giving us a closing date as above.
Old 2011-12-28, 05:49 AM
Regular User

Interesting! We were given a closing 6 months earlier. Sounds as if we are all being kept in the dark about looming delays and headaches. I will not be surprised that you, just like everyone else will be delayed. The builder obviously has been hiding the truth and been misleading new buyers to secure new sales.

Last conversation I had with a sales representitive on site was that construction was to begin in the new year. Oddly, I was told when I purchased, that construction was to begin at the end of the summer of 2011!

Hmmm, sounding more and more like I should be concerned!

I will be conatcting the head office in the new year for some answers. I'm tired of the BS and the stories. They have a large sum of my money I invested in this project, that I am now regretably wishing I spent with another developer!
Old 2011-12-29, 11:21 AM

Hello!

Please keep us informed with respect to what you hear from Head office. I keep getting conflicting answers as well! It has become obvious to me now that we will be delayed as well. Our closing is Sept 28 2012 but I don't see that happening!! Just seems like they are playing games and not being truthful. I would just appreciate an honest answer from someone even if it means the site is going to be delayed. When we purchased back in last Feb we were told that servicing and roads would be completed in the fall of 2011 and the latest I've heard is that servicing is now to begin in the new year. Something is up for sure but I just wish we could get answers. I know that something is going on with the City of Hamilton as well because I dont think the land has been officially certified yet as I believe they have to wait for the go ahead. There are some conditions that the builder must satisfy with the city and I dont think they have done that yet. I heard there is still a hearing coming up in late jan 2012 to hopefully rectify any outstanding issues. I think we may all be waiting for some time for all of this mess to be cleared up
Old 2011-12-29, 09:03 PM
Regular User

You may have more luck contacting the City of Hamilton and finding out from them what the delay is. You are not likely going to get a straight answer from Landmart.

Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
71 Main Street West (3rd Floor)
Phone: 905-546-2720
Email: building@hamilton.ca
Old 2012-01-02, 02:10 AM

Hi all

We also bought a house in kaleidoscope, waterdown and got different answers when it comes to when are they going to start developing.
Im also working on getting a dedicated forum for us , kaleidoscopewaterdown . ca
Old 2012-01-03, 10:46 PM

Hello all!

I know we have all been given various ridiculous reasons as to why nothing has been done ie. they can,'t service the area until they are finished at penny lane estates in Stoney creek. The truth of the matter is that there were 51 conditions that must be satisfied by the city of Hamilton in order to start building but there are still 6 outstanding issues that landmart has yet to satisfy. I know the issues are still in dispute as there is a hearing on January 20 2012. Looks like these issues have been goin on for sometime. I have also heard from the city that the land isn't even registered yet but I'm sure most of you already know this because it says that on our contract. I just don't understand why landmart won't tell us this but its obvious they just wanted to sell off the houses as quick as possible to collect our deposits. If you google landmart homes and January 20 2012 you will find out the info I'm talking about.

Looks like we will all be waiting for a while. Don't be suprised if our house doesn't get delayed to the latest possible closing date.
Old 2012-01-04, 05:22 AM
Regular User

Default Nice to See our Numbers Growing!!!

Welcome to everyone who has been finding this forum! Hopefully we can find some direction and comfort in knowing we are not alone!

Landmart to date, and from what I have been reading, has been misleading all purchasers with the same misinformation. Whether the sales representatives are aware of it or not, we have all been given the same stories. My last few attempts to contact Head Office have resulted in nothing more than busy dial tones and answering machines. I would certainly be interested in attending this meeting on Jan 20, if of course its open to the public.

I will in the coming week try and contact the city myself, and at the same time contact my lawyer to possibly draft a letter to open up some line of communication with the builder and get to the bottom of Landmarts misrepresentation!

After investing the sort of money we all have contributed to the development of this new community, we certainly, and to say the least deserve some truth. I have lost a lot of respect for this builder! Many people have said to me in the last few months, "I told you so!" Now I clearly see why!

Head Office
911 Golf links Road
Ancaster, Ontario L9K 1H9
Phone: 905-304-6459
Fax: 905-304-6462

CONTACT THEM AND TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL!
Old 2012-01-04, 04:26 PM

I've just talk to them yesterday and they did say they dont have any permits and cant start any work.
By the way the forum is up and running , with 2 registered users already!!!!
kaleidoscopewaterdown.ca
Old 2012-01-14, 05:16 AM
Regular User

I think I spoke to them the same day you called. I was told there was an issue with the City Of Hamilton regarding water. Landmart had a meeting scheduled for January 11, 2011 to try and resolve the issue.

As of today I haven't any further updates, or the outcome of the meeting.

Old 2012-01-20, 04:27 PM

Well looks like the meeting for January 20th was cancelled. Suprise suprise again. The case still remains open