Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-01-08, 06:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Surprise to hear it would take some of you folks year and a half (if not more) to move into your new home. Understand Tartan is a quality builder and all but are they waiting for permits before construction can officially begin? Like Mattamy?
This was the case for us at Soho West. We were ultimately delayed a few months, others were delayed a bit more. But they were upfront about this possibility, and the Tarion guidelines do apply for delays and notification.
We bought well before permits and broken ground. It was a good investment ultimately; the prices jumped by almost $100,000 for the same home before the phase was sold out two years later (one house is left). We knew similar homes were selling for more, and I think there was a real financial incentive to buying so early. A trade-off we were happy to make and that has worked out well for us.

Soho West - Kanata

Uh...make that Trailwest...
Old 2012-01-09, 12:36 PM
Regular User

Default Just reserved a Silver Birch

Any thoughts about this model? http://tartanhomes.com/en/homes/semi...community_id=8

There is no model and I am wondering if any one has one? I would love to see pictures or better yet the house itself. I have wine Please PM.

Also what upgrades would you recommend for this unit? Has anyone dealt with their design team? how "reasonable" are their prices?
Old 2012-01-09, 01:10 PM
Regular User

Default Silver Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embarko View Post
Any thoughts about this model? http://tartanhomes.com/en/homes/semi...community_id=8

There is no model and I am wondering if any one has one? I would love to see pictures or better yet the house itself. I have wine Please PM.

Also what upgrades would you recommend for this unit? Has anyone dealt with their design team? how "reasonable" are their prices?
I personally would prefer the breakfast bar option as it give the house a more open feeling.
We don't have the silver birch, but the iconcept is really similar to the house we're in now.
http://www.minto.com/buy-a-home-in-o...sley~53ht.html
We love the open concept of the main floor, its great for entertaining. We moved the family room into the basement and set up a full home theatre system.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 2012-01-09, 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=noordinaryotter;213178]This was the case for us at Soho West. We were ultimately delayed a few months, others were delayed a bit more. But they were upfront about this possibility, and the Tarion guidelines do apply for delays and notification.
We bought well before permits and broken ground. It was a good investment ultimately; the prices jumped by almost $100,000 for the same home before the phase was sold out two years later (one house is left). We knew similar homes were selling for more, and I think there was a real financial incentive to buying so early. A trade-off we were happy to make and that has worked out well for us.[/QUOTE

How far in advance were advised about the delay?
Old 2012-01-10, 11:12 AM
Regular User

A few months.

Soho West - Kanata

Uh...make that Trailwest...
Old 2012-01-13, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2know View Post
I hope they are telling people that these dates are very prelimianary and that there are many pre-requisite activities and approvals required before any construction can even start.

Expect delays and be pleasantly surprised if it comes in on time.
I haven't been in to the office, but all signs point to the application having been approved. The file has been removed from the City of Ottawa website, which according to the information on their website, states "It is important to note that all materials posted in support of a development application are removed from the Web site 30 days after a decision has been granted. While I am speculating that the application is approved, the City of Ottawa's Application Development website had written in the comments that 'approval is imminent' as most of the hiccup was surrounding the change in land use from development reserve to R3Z.

Here's hoping! This would fit in nicely with the time lines that were given to us before.

Cheers.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:17 PM
Regular User

good - one down many to go
Old 2012-01-17, 03:14 PM
Regular User

The colours boards are available at the sales office for viewing.

Peachgrinder: Did you select your exterior package yet?
Just wondering what that side of the street will look like.

Someone has put a Vaughan on Odessa, I wonder how the 3 storey house will look compare to the other houses on the street (all 2 storey + 2 bungalows).
Old 2012-01-17, 10:18 PM
Regular User

Default Exterior Colours

We haven't signed off on our colour yet, but we were in this past weekend and I think that we have decided on the following, in order of preference:

1. Wright 2
2. American 2
3. Mission 1

There are a few others that we liked, but these are the ones that my wife and I can both agree on.

We should be getting our call soon based on our conversation at the office.
Old 2012-04-25, 02:40 PM
Regular User

Anyone else bought in Havencrest recently? The activity has been up and down the past few months.