Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-03-19, 10:34 AM
Regular User

Great. Thanks for the quick reply! We also didn't want to spend the extra few hundred to move it tot he garage. Plus we only have a single car garage and would be tight on space.
Old 2012-03-19, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
I was searching the threads and found a mention to this site from last years group buy:
http://www.the-vacmaster.ca/this_months_specials.html

They have the 700LS for the same price as Supervac is offering the 399LS (With seemingly the same german accessories package). I wonder if Supervac would include the 700LS in the group buy pricing as well. On the Supervac website it does say "never undersold anywhere in Canada", so i guess they'd match the price..

Good find. The 700LS also has the new Infinity Motor Technology that's supposed to (nearly) double the life of the motor. The 399LS does not have this.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:38 AM
Regular User

I called Vacmaster in TO and asked about the 399LS to see what price he could offer it. He said it would be the same as the 700LS and that the 700LS has a better motor. He also said the 399LS has the older 3 stage motor.

I wonder if SuperVacs will match it? And if not, Vacmaster has free shipping to anywhere in Ontario.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:44 AM
Regular User

I've contacted SuperVacs with LilKirk's Qs, as well as the price-matching Qs about the 700LS.

Will post back once I have all the answers
Old 2012-03-19, 01:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancroftBoy View Post
I called Vacmaster in TO and asked about the 399LS to see what price he could offer it. He said it would be the same as the 700LS and that the 700LS has a better motor. He also said the 399LS has the older 3 stage motor.

I wonder if SuperVacs will match it? And if not, Vacmaster has free shipping to anywhere in Ontario.
Great find indeed by Briar. Any comments on the accessries package that is included?

Supervacs is offering the Performance Power Team package, which can be seen directly on cana-vac's website here:
http://www.canavac.com/node/33

Vacmaster is calling there package the "Ultra Package", which looks pretty similar to the Performance Power Team package on cana-vac's website. Wondering if it's the same package, just renamed, or if it adds/removes anything extra.
Old 2012-03-19, 04:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilKirk View Post
What is the installation fee?
Installation fees vary, but SuperVacs offers a better installation fee if the central vac is bought from them.

Note: I asked how much it would be, approximately, in my case with a 1400 sq/ft townhome, central vac roughed in, ending in the basement - was quoted $130 for install, but could move the system to the garage for an extra $70.

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the non-refundable deposit. If they do not get the numbers, and do not offer these prices I presume we get it back and shop around? Us there more information about this?
If we do not reach the required #s (i.e., 5 buyers), deposits are refundable.

Quote:
What is the savings? Any regular prices available to see what the benefit is if going this route?
Regular prices are as follows:
399LS with German Ultra - Regularly $1139; and
250L with Kit 11 - Regularly $850
Old 2012-03-19, 04:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
I was searching the threads and found a mention to this site from last years group buy:
http://www.the-vacmaster.ca/this_months_specials.html

They have the 700LS for the same price as Supervac is offering the 399LS (With seemingly the same german accessories package). I wonder if Supervac would include the 700LS in the group buy pricing as well. On the Supervac website it does say "never undersold anywhere in Canada", so i guess they'd match the price..
After a bit of back and forth with SuperVacs, they've agreed to offer the 700LS, with the German Ultra Kit, for $679 - but only if we get a total of 10 buyers (for all units combined - not just the 700LS).

If it's less than 10 buyers total, the 700LS with German Ultra Kit will be $699.

I will add this info to the first post.

Also to note - SuperVacs explained the differences as follows (between the 700LS and the 399LS):

Quote:
The difference of the motors the 399LS has the premium 3 stage motor so it is the better option it does not have to work as hard to create suction. The 700LS has a 2 stage airwatt motor so it has to turn at a higher RPM to create suction therefore may not last as long as the 3 stage motor.

The 700LS does have the new technology Infinity that is supposed to double the carbon brushes life expectancy. The 399LS has 136" of suction and the 700LS has 132" suction. So it has less suction and only 2 fan blades and has to turn at a faster RPM to create that suction. The 399LS has been around for over 20 years with them lasting sometimes even longer than that.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:12 PM
Regular User

399LS or 700LS??? Can't decide right now....

Anyway, I've emailed SuperVacs to be added to this GB

Lori - thanks for organizing this! Hopefully this will be a great turnout like the last.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:50 PM
Regular User

Looks like we'll be keeping our 399LS so good luck with the GB everyone!
Old 2012-03-19, 07:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancroftBoy View Post
399LS or 700LS??? Can't decide right now....

Anyway, I've emailed SuperVacs to be added to this GB

Lori - thanks for organizing this! Hopefully this will be a great turnout like the last.
Great news about the 700LS being added to the group buy.. I think I'll definitely get one...

Canavac has this page with a good comparison between some of the models:

http://www.canavac.com/node/20

Despite supervac's comments which seem to indicate the 399LS might be better than the 700LS, everything on the canavac site seems to indicate the 700-LS is a better model all around (bigger motor, more airflow, more airwatts, quieter).. The only spec it was slightly lower in is it has slightly less suction (132" vs 136") but that seems negligible, especially when you consider it has 44% more airflow; and the "Infinity Technology". I'll keep looking for reviews comparing the two models..