Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2013-05-23, 05:11 PM
Regular User

Default PDI Complete - Tamarack continues to impress us!

First off, I'll put a link to pictures right at the top
https://picasaweb.google.com/trepex/...CPCZ2_Sj96mGbA

We had our PDI on Wednesday and it went really, really well. We were pleased with our first Tamarack build back in 2009, but this time around has been pretty spectacular. Last time, the finishing quality left a bit to be desired - the build schedule was tight and things were rushed, so we ended up having lots of follow-up visits during the 30-day and 1-yr windows. Going through the new house on Wednesday though, I was particularly impressed with how perfect a job they did on the smooth ceilings and the drywall/painting/finishing overall. I would have to really nitpick to find any scuffs, drywall seams, or nail pops. A few weeks ago we could see through the window that they had gone through and patched dozens of spots on all the walls, then refinished everything nicely. The hardwood looks beautiful and I absolutely love the stairs. Moving on to the kitchen, it was turned out exactly the way we dreamed that it would. There was an issue with the pots and pans drawers being too shallow (half-depth) under the cooktop - not sure where in the process that decision was made, but after a few emails with Head Office to show that the cooktop easily accommodated full-depth drawers, Tamarack has ordered replacements.

Last but not least, the tankless hot water heater in the basement was relocated to the utility section and everything has been patched nicely, inside and out, at the old location (another thing they were really great about dealing with).

Really the only outstanding issue is the garage door - we selected the ranch style door with wide panels and windows at the top, but they installed the standard door. They're on top of it, but we're hoping it can be swapped before we get the keys next Thursday, as we're having our opener installed the next day.

Anyway, suffice it to say that we're pretty darn happy and so excited to get our keys next week! We're having hardwood installed throughout the upstairs, the week after next, and then the big move is the weekend of June 8th. FUN!!!
Old 2013-05-23, 05:22 PM
Regular User

Great pics! LOVE the black hinges....I totally want to do that in the next house, looks great

Old 2013-05-23, 05:30 PM
Regular User

so wish I had thought of the black hedges!!! love them!

Old 2013-05-23, 05:34 PM
Regular User

Thanks! Haha, we took a chance after really debating it. There was a definite sigh of relief when we first saw them and knew it was a good choice
Old 2013-05-23, 06:52 PM
Regular User

Lovely pics...how much was the door hinges upgrade if I may ask? N does tamarack provides you with paint color n light fixture upgrades? Good to see that...we just have the option of variants of white
All the best for the move in day and afterwards as well
Old 2013-05-23, 07:04 PM
Regular User

Beautiful home Trepex - so glad your PDI went so well!
Moved in: August 21st, 2013
Old 2013-05-23, 07:42 PM
Regular User

Congratulations. Your home looks great.

I agree with the dark hinges. We upgraded them in our house and everyone who comes here comments on how much they love them.

For those who were wondering on cost, Mattamy charged us less than $30 per door, and that included the hinges, door plates and levered door handle. I thought it was too good a deal to turn down
Old 2013-05-23, 07:43 PM
Regular User

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Old 2013-05-23, 08:00 PM
Regular User

beautiful house! congrats!

Old 2013-05-23, 08:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxborough View Post
Congratulations. Your home looks great.

I agree with the dark hinges. We upgraded them in our house and everyone who comes here comments on how much they love them.

For those who were wondering on cost, Mattamy charged us less than $30 per door, and that included the hinges, door plates and levered door handle. I thought it was too good a deal to turn down
We did the same with Minto and I can't wait! We upgraded all of them in our current home and it was a pain to do and cost us more than that...well worth the upgrade up front (if you like the look of course) in my opinion!
Moved in: August 21st, 2013