Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-02-21, 01:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_ottawa View Post
Good luck with the commute. Definitely longer than an hour. When we lived in Findlay Creek, my wife would bus home from PDP and it would take over an hour (probably closer to 1h 15 min on a really good day) when she caught the right connections.

It would be a lot quicker if you could park and ride at Greenboro (15 minutes to drive/park at the P&R, 15 minute train to Bayview, and 15 minute bus ride from Bayview over the bridge to PDP.

Coming home, you can try and catch the 40 which goes from PDP directly to the Blossom Park area (via Greenboro).

Either way, until there is a bus that comes direct to Findlay Creek that goes downtown (without doing a milk-run through Blossom Park or somewhere else), it's going to be a long bus ride in, unfortunately.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, this is what I tought... I felt kind of optimistic...

Well, option 1 is to find a position in Ottawa.
Option 2 is for my boyfriend driving to work...I could go with him and take the bus from there...his work is a 10-15 minutes drive...

Right now, I take the 'Rapibus', I live about 15-20 minutes drive from work but it takes me at least an hour, when everything works well...

So what is the big difference....
Old 2014-02-21, 02:12 PM
Regular User

As I mentioned before, you can catch the 40 bus from Blossom Park.

It's only a 5 minute drive from Findlay Creek. The 40 takes about 40 minutes to get from Queensdale to PDP. It is a direct bus, which is nice because you can do some reading and what not on the bus. It's also early on in the route, so you can get a seat.

This would definitely be my recommended option for you to get to work if your work schedules align with one another.

Old 2014-02-21, 02:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_ottawa View Post
As I mentioned before, you can catch the 40 bus from Blossom Park.

It's only a 5 minute drive from Findlay Creek. The 40 takes about 40 minutes to get from Queensdale to PDP. It is a direct bus, which is nice because you can do some reading and what not on the bus. It's also early on in the route, so you can get a seat.

This would definitely be my recommended option for you to get to work if your work schedules align with one another.
I will look into this venue for sure!!

Thank you very much!
Old 2014-02-25, 03:19 PM
Regular User

I park at the Greenboro Park and Ride. I have a gold member pass. If you are not on the lot by 8:00am it is slim chances of getting a spot. Getting a bus from Greenboro is a cinch to downtown, sometimes I am downtown in less than 15 minutes, the ride home sometimes is slow, depending on traffic on the bridge by Rideau. It is an excellent time to read!