Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2013-12-08, 08:19 PM
Regular User

Thank you,

when you say northfacing you mean the front of house faces north (and backyard faces south) or the opposite of this Sorry for the dummy question but this really gets me confused because I checked a couple of resale houses and the MLS sheet was saying south facing and when I went to see the house, the backyard was facing south, and some other MLS sheets were saying the opposite

How long does it take to drive to Maple GO Stn, in the morning and in afternoon, we both work in downtown and take the GO.

Thanks
Old 2013-12-08, 11:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
Thank you,

when you say northfacing you mean the front of house faces north (and backyard faces south) or the opposite of this Sorry for the dummy question but this really gets me confused because I checked a couple of resale houses and the MLS sheet was saying south facing and when I went to see the house, the backyard was facing south, and some other MLS sheets were saying the opposite

How long does it take to drive to Maple GO Stn, in the morning and in afternoon, we both work in downtown and take the GO.

Thanks
North facing = Front of the house is facing north.

Ask the builder if they can build the model you like at the other location, usually they can do this.
Old 2013-12-09, 07:19 AM
Regular User

Lot 159 , 94 Chatfield is available - right beside the two Medallion model homes

There are currently 65M4291: 7 lots left on Garyscholl; Plan 65M4251: 2 lots left on Harley; 4 lots left on Lawford

If you want to take a look at the exterior finished Willowbrook model. Here are the lots that you can see if you really like for overall appearance:

Elv A - 79 Garyscholl and 59 Ironside
Elv B - 47 Ironside
Elv C - None

Last edited by bobblehead; 2013-12-09 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2013-12-09, 07:30 AM
Regular User

For the last phase which will be selling in the spring of 2014, here are the streets

Plan 65M4360

Poetry Drive / Stormont Trail
Poetry Drive / Madoc Place
Poetry Drive / Gallant Place
+
odd lots on Lawford

They are lot sized - frontage of 40 ft (actually most are sized bigger than 40, there is 1 lot sized for 50 ft but will def. be charged with lot premium of about $50K or more)

They are going to be pricey ... I will guess $75K more than today's listing price across the board

Last edited by bobblehead; 2013-12-09 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:12 AM
Regular User

North=front faces north
Our living areas are in the back, as is the backyard. Even my tomatoes do better than the neighbours opposite me.

I drive slow, with daycare drop off and it takes me under 20 mins. I say if you are fast, 10-15 mins in Teston. Parking is going to get worse though. That's my concern. I am hoping the subway in early 2016 will help but that's 2 yrs away. If you are looking at lots in Phase 1/2 (east of Lawford), I would pick Harley. It's a short street, faces north, walking distance to new park and either school. On lAwford, you'll have more traffic and a shaded yard in the evenings. Harley has a side walk, which is a pro or con depending on what you need.

Going home from Maple is about the same. I use Teston.
Old 2013-12-09, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Thanks guys. It looks like we are going for harley street, willowbrooke elevation C. But we have to figure out if that lot will have any storm drain or utility box since we don't want them we asked the sales rep yesterday but she was busy with another couple who were making an offer so we don't know yet.
Old 2013-12-09, 09:21 AM
Regular User

I think those are already in, if they are going in. It's the only 2 lots not built on that street. I wonder if there is someone at the City of Vaughan who can help because all these have to be submitted to them.
Old 2013-12-09, 10:17 AM
Regular User

Before making the offer, have the sales office to contact head office for confirmation of any utility boxes, hydrant, sewer drainage, utility pole in front of the house. Most purchaser will do this step before committing of an offer.

As for the Willowbrook - Elv C. If you do buy this, then you are the first to do so, therefore, no actual completed built house is done by the builder to-date. For the higher ceiling you are looking for on the main floor, I am currently waiting for words to hear back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
Thanks guys. It looks like we are going for harley street, willowbrooke elevation C. But we have to figure out if that lot will have any storm drain or utility box since we don't want them we asked the sales rep yesterday but she was busy with another couple who were making an offer so we don't know yet.

Last edited by bobblehead; 2013-12-09 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2013-12-09, 10:58 AM
Regular User

We checked the lot, and there is already the electrical pole in front of the house (it's between the 2 lots that are left). But the green box (i don't know how that is called) was not there. We did not see any fire hydrant or cable box but they will probably put them in later. For sure we will check with them before we proceed thank you bobblehead, we really appreciate your help with this process. This will be our second house and we are trying to avoid any possible mistake.

Regards,
Old 2013-12-09, 11:07 AM
Regular User

Updated around noon time:

There is a permanent hydro pole between the 2 lots but NO hydrant, electrical, cable boxes are planned at all. (At least that's the current information from the City). Now, does it mean this is a permanent "No", cannot really give you 100% assurance because the city has the right to change their plan, if they want to. All the homeowner can do is to petition against the city.

Words came back on the Willowbrook - higher ceiling

- Main floor can be upgraded to 10 ft, NOT 12 ft
- 2nd floor can be upgraded to 9 ft ONLY. But special request for 10 ft on this floor can be done but it's going to be pricey.

Last edited by bobblehead; 2013-12-09 at 12:27 PM.