Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2015-01-15, 10:43 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrownup View Post
We're going on the Wednesday. It's probably just an info session. It'll be nice to meet some of the neighbours though... And to take a look what they offer for in terms of finishings. I Wonder if they'll be calling us soon to book our structural appointment... We have some things we'd like to change.
I wasn't aware they'd be calling us for a structural appointment. I emailed the sales office awhile back but never heard a response. I think they're busy with the new phases being released. They're describing some of the lots as backing into a pond, which I think is just the retention pond.
Old 2015-01-18, 07:14 PM
Regular User

I think they said they would contact us soon about any structural changes. I'll ask at the open house. Ya I believe they are referring to the retention pond..
Old 2015-01-30, 04:40 PM
Regular User

So what did you think about the open house? It looks like we'll have to upgrade most things. Wasn't too thrilled with the standard items.
Old 2015-01-30, 04:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
So what did you think about the open house? It looks like we'll have to upgrade most things. Wasn't too thrilled with the standard items.
I kind of expected to have to upgrade most things, but some standards were better than I thought.

Cabinets and countertops will definitely need upgrades. I think they knew this and priced it accordingly. Some of the standard faucets and hardware were okay. I'm probably going to upgrade these on my own later on. The standard tile was better than I thought.

I don't like that the price list is not available yet. They should know by now what things cost, but they are probably waiting to see what Phase II numbers look like so they can manage their profit.
Old 2015-06-29, 05:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Did you have your decor centre meeting yet? I haven't been contacted for mine. They said they are doing it in order of closing dates. My initial closing is set for May.
Old 2015-06-29, 05:20 PM
Regular User

Nope haven't heard anything yet. We're also supposed to close May 2016. We dropped in to the decor center a couple months ago just to look around and the sales lady told us she would be setting up appointments for June and July. But I guess that has changed. I'm assuming we're looking at a delay.
Old 2015-06-29, 05:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Nope haven't heard anything yet. We're also supposed to close May 2016. We dropped in to the decor center a couple months ago just to look around and the sales lady told us she would be setting up appointments for June and July. But I guess that has changed. I'm assuming we're looking at a delay.
I'm going to drive by over the next few weeks to see if they have started digging yet.
Old 2015-07-22, 10:23 PM
Regular User

Did a drive by today... Nothing happening yet. Have you heard anything?
Old 2015-07-23, 02:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Nope haven't heard anything, except the Decor Centre emailing me for my closing date. I am assuming they are still booking appointments. I drove by the other day too, and it looks like they have cleared the land. In my educated guess, they are waiting for permits to start construction.
Old 2015-08-13, 02:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Finally got contacted to book my decor appointment. I'm going in at the end of August. The meeting is about three hours long. I believe they are going through the options and prices. They aren't willing to send prices beforehand.

Have you already had your decor meeting?