Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2017-03-20, 05:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1 View Post
Hi Bellevue, are you with starlane or greenpark? Our 1st closing is for March 2018.
HI
I am with starlane, took a semi right next to the sales office for access to britannia
Old 2017-03-21, 02:16 PM

Hi!

My husband and I purchased a home in Saddleridge in February.

How many of you have gotten a call re: design centre appt?

Thanks!
Old 2017-03-21, 02:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristies View Post
Hi!

Thanks!
Hi,
I got my call last week, and my first appointment is next week! might be worth giving them a call to find out what is going on! Good luck
Old 2017-03-22, 11:10 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Hi Kristies, did you buy from Starlane or Greenpark? I have not received any call from Greenpark yet.
Old 2017-03-23, 10:16 AM

No,

Sorry, should have mentioned; we purchased a Starlane home.

I am hesitant to call the design centre as I want to give them time, but our anticipated 1st move in date is March 2018, and with the amount of appointments I have heard there will be (up to 4), I am eager to get started.

Bellevue, would you be willing to share your experience at your upcoming appointment? Any insight would be great!
Old 2017-03-25, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
No,

Sorry, should have mentioned; we purchased a Starlane home.

I am hesitant to call the design centre as I want to give them time, but our anticipated 1st move in date is March 2018, and with the amount of appointments I have heard there will be (up to 4), I am eager to get started.

Bellevue, would you be willing to share your experience at your upcoming appointment? Any insight would be great!
Hi Kristies
I will most certainly share my experience and the prices quoted. This is the first time I go through this and most of the prices quoted on the forums are based on the size of the house eg. flooring and tiles depend on the area they are covering. So hopefully will tell you all about it. My appointment is on Wed 10am and they said to allow 3 hours at least for the appointment.
Also when it comes to upgrades, i received a document from them that says we have to pay 50% of the price of the upgrades on the amount that remains after they deduct their free upgrade price, which in my case $7500. However if the amount remaining is less than $5000 it will have to be paid in full before they start the project.
Not sure if this amount have to paid on the first visit or i am assuming they give you time to think about the upgrades first before we confirm what we want really.
But I will put something on Wed after I get back from the appointment.
Old 2017-03-29, 01:44 PM
Regular User

Hi everyone

I have come back from the 1st visit which they allocated for electricity and plumbing (pre-dry wall phase as the lady called it). Visit 2 will be cabinets and decor etc... (post dry-wall visit) which apparently will be 2 to 3 months from now. We spent about an hour and a half there.

The lady who saw us was very pleasant and discussed things in details. She did not put any pressure in anyway to take any upgrades. You can decide on the spot and settle the fees there and then or take the prices home and think about it but a decision must be made in 2 weeks.

One thing I still did not get is that after deducting the allowed free upgrade you have to pay 50% of the price if it exceeds $5000 otherwise you pay the amount in full. However, whatever you pay for the 50% will be added to the deposit on the house that you already paid but also increase the total value of the house by the amount that you had to pay 50% on.

to make it easy, if the upgrade cost is 7000 after removing the free upgrade cost, then you have to pay $3500 which will go towards the deposit on the house but they will increase the price of the house by $7000. I thought they sould increase the price of the house by $3500 but apparently that's not how it works.

Prices quoted:

frame less glass shower door 2100
pot lights 320 each
moving lights position 50 each
light and switch installation 310 (not pot light - just standard)
extra plug installation 180
soffit light 320 each
light under kitchen cabinet 920 + light valence 630
built-in microwave and oven unit with electrical 2300
cooktop cabinet with full doors 760
full depth fridge uppers with gables 585
increase pantry unit from 12" to 24" 600
air conditioning 5080
humidifier 700
electronic air cleaner 1060
gas rough in for stove 630
gas rough in for dryer 850
Night light & plug combo 220 each
upgrade switches and plugs 700
bath taps and shower handle 740
bath tub whirlpool 8 jets 3145
vertical spa 3290
waterline fridge 320
water filtration faucet with rough-in 855
upgrade from laminate to hardwood level 1 (3"1/4) 5715
stained stairs, railings and pickets 1465

I think it is worth going home to think about it and see whether there are things that you can do yourself as this will help financially in terms of reducing cost.
Old 2017-03-29, 02:42 PM
Regular User

They add the entire amount to the home price for land transfer tax calculations plus the HST rebate the builder applies for. Also allows you to use a mortgage for paying the rest of the upgrade costs
Old 2017-03-29, 03:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
They add the entire amount to the home price for land transfer tax calculations plus the HST rebate the builder applies for. Also allows you to use a mortgage for paying the rest of the upgrade costs
thank you, I wish she explained it this way
Old 2017-03-29, 06:36 PM
Regular User

Hi Bellevue,

Thanks for the info. I bought a detached from them as well and my appointment is in 2 weeks. I was wondering if they gave you prices for the following as well.

[*]Smooth ceiling on main floor[*]coffered ceilings[*]if I am right the price of $2100 frameless glass shower price they quoted you I believe is with 34" capped half wall[*]shower seat[*]200 AMP electrical service[*]ceiling light fixture[*]wall sconces[*]Dimmer[*]Plug for wall mount TV[*]Automatic closet lights[*]Switched closet Lights[*]Exterior GFI plug for festive lighting[*]Ceiling Light fixture in Kitchen[*]Above Cabinet Lighting
The Price of $760 they quoted. Is that for dropin or Apron Front cooktop?[*]Gas line rough in for BBQ[*]Toe tester Faucet for master Ensuite[*]Upgraded Toilets[*]enlarge existing basement windows[*]Upgraded front door insert
[/LIST]Thanks for your help again.