Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2007-02-20, 10:01 AM
Regular User

Default Appliances....what now?

Okay.....so this may be a dumb question....but did anyone actually install their appliances themselves or did you hire someone to do it?

We have an electric stove (so no gas fitter required) we got sundial to put in the water hose for the fridge and the outlet for the OTR microwave....so....I was thinking that all I had to do was....hum....plug them all in :-) However....I have since heard that it may not be so easy.

Any advice....suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Old 2007-02-20, 11:02 AM
Regular User

Your stove will be no problem if it is completely electric, you will just simply "plug it in".
If you hae a waterline for your fridge and you had the builder put the water line in, all you will have to do is attach your water line to the back of your fridge which is fairly straight forward just make sure you don't over tighten the valve when you put it on - should be finger tight, and you should have no leaks.
Your OTR is also fairly easy once you have it installed (just follow your instruction in the manual) you will need 2 people just to get it all in place. I installed ours and it take a few tools but manual (believe it or not) was very easy to follow.
Now comes the dishwasher........if you have one. I had someone come in to do the electrical part as it has to be on a separate circuit. I did all the hard labour for it and he just did the electrical portion and put it in place. Dishwasher was a tuffy only because of the set-up of our kitchen and getting the holes through the floor to run the electrical wire. If you want the contact information for the guy we used I can let you know he is good and is very well priced. He does everything from Garage door-openers, plumbing to d-washers etc. We had a good experience with him.
Old 2007-02-20, 01:11 PM
Regular User

RE : If you want the contact information for the guy we used I can let you know he is good and is very well priced. He does everything from Garage door-openers, plumbing to d-washers etc. We had a good experience with him.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Would you be able to give this guy contact info, please?
Thanks
Old 2007-08-15, 12:45 PM
Regular User

Default Dishwasher Installation Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltontobeourhome View Post
If you want the contact information for the guy we used I can let you know he is good and is very well priced. He does everything from Garage door-openers, plumbing to d-washers etc. We had a good experience with him.
Hello miltontobeourhome,

If you wouldn't mind passing along the installer's contact information I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Lot #144 Easterbrook
Old 2007-08-15, 03:28 PM
Regular User

Default Appliances

We hooked up all of our appliances on our own. There was a copper looking wire coming up through the floor where the fridge would go and this is for the water connect as we have water and ice as a feature on our fridge.

As with our dishwasher I paid one of the workers $40.00 to install it for me one day. They have to do something in the basement and make a hole through the floor in the cabinet and then hook up to the drain under the sink. I picked up the kit from Home Depot for the set up for under $20.00.

I hope that helps. It is not that big of a deal. The construction guys are willing to do anything if you wave some money at them.
Lot. #38-1067 Holdsworth Crescent
Milton, ON
Old 2007-08-15, 05:39 PM
Regular User

Thanks Murd1067.
Lot #144 Easterbrook