Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2008-03-28, 05:32 PM
Regular User

Default Thornhill Woods - Phase 3

I went to the preview yesterday for Fieldgate and HR. Actually i only went into Fieldgate - couldn't handle the line up for both. The released quite a few link homes and very few 42" detached. It was a madhouse as per usual. Prices for Links start at 400K, 42" Ft detached starts at 539K for 2300 sq ft

did anyone puchase?
Old 2008-03-28, 05:51 PM
Regular User

Some of our friends did, they said the line was insane........like they were handing out free stuff!!
Old 2008-03-28, 10:29 PM
Regular User

I'm curious to know what's left - most of the 42" ft lots were sold but quite a few links were left - but there was also a lot more selection.
Old 2008-03-29, 08:22 PM
Regular User

Phase 3, is where? All that land off of Rutherford and Dufferin? Apple Blossom Drive?
Old 2008-03-30, 12:00 PM
Regular User

I believe its the old farm at Rutherford and Dufferin (South East corner) its being sold by H&R and Fieldgate. they had the first preview sale on Thursday and it continues today.
Old 2008-03-30, 07:42 PM
Regular User

Hello Reesa,

Went by Fieldgate's sales home today to check out Phase 3 and all 42' lots are sold out in matter of days. The site is before where the old farm used to be because that is on Major Mac and this development is before Rutherford. It was supposed to be zoned as a conservation area months ago, but lovely Linda Jackson petitioned the land for sale. Did you buy Thornhill Woods Phase 3? We are settled in with the older phase 2 of THW. I see, Fieldgate is offering the same home as ours, but with a hefty 56,000 dollars more than what we bought ours for only one year ago. Geesh!
Old 2008-03-30, 09:30 PM
Regular User

I bought my townhouse in 2004 - so that might be still considered phase 1 but i'm not sure. I agree the prices have gone up quite a bit - not surpisingly though due to the greenbelt area. I didn't know that ph3 was previously zoned as Greenbelt area but now that you mention it i recall getting a letter from the city a while ago asking if there were any groups interested in contesting it. Of course there was a $1500 fee attached to doing so.
Old 2008-04-13, 02:09 PM
Regular User

was pre-registered for that one too. Never seen such nonsense. Sold out in the first weekend. I'm already on the fringe of that neighbourhood now, wasn't about to fight to stay there, it isn't THAT nice. lol.
Old 2008-04-16, 03:02 PM

Hi all,

I just joined this site, and just started looking at new homes that are relatively close to the GTA area. On the Fieldgate Homes website there are saying there's Grand opening for Thornhill Woods phase II. However, reading from this thread it's already selling out for phase III? In any case, I'm just curious to know if there are any more detached homes available for sale. If not I'll save a trip to the sales office this weekend. Thanks!

wiwoo
Old 2008-04-16, 06:25 PM

Last I checked there was maybe one or two detached lots available. However there will be another release of the detached homes and "linked-detached" townhomes at some point ... ofcourse I'm sure prices will go up a little.

I've posted a pic of the site plan below. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SitePlan.jpg
Views:	1405
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1735