Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2003-12-16, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Default Lions Park and Village Square

On Monday December 15th I had an informal meeting with the Project Co-ordinator for the Town of Miltons Community Services Department. His name is Jeff.

I explained to him what I am doing with all the pictures of the houses and how I get a lot of questions from people not only about the neighbourhood, but about the park that is going in right next to us on Bristol Park.

Jeff showed me a copy of all the planning documents for the Lions Park. The park is expected to open in May 2004, with more facilities forecasted for 2005 and 2006.

Here's what I saw:

South west side, a baseball diamond, already constructed
Beside it to the east, a second baseball diamond, forcasted for the future
Two full sized soccer fields on the North East, and a practice field just under that

Right in the centre there will be some playground equipment.

Walkways all through out connecting all the various areas together.
Water run off stream through the park leading to the pond behind Ellis.

The main entrance to the park will be off of Thompson, close to where the arena is. There will be ample parking off of this side to accommodate all the fields.

There will also be an entrance off of Ellis Crescent connected to a small parking lot. This lot will be hiding from Ellis by trees. This entrance also does not allow driving all the way through to the Thompson entrance.

Jeff said that he will try and provide me with a drawing that I can show off later, and there will ___possibly___ be an artists rendering available on the Milton website later on.

The Village Square:
This is that small park area over by the sales office.
Not much to say. I saw the concept drawing for this.
Mostly green with a possible gazebo type area at one end and some playground equipment around the centre.

Will be nice for those who's houses look towards it :)

There are also a bunch of village squares going in just north of Main Street.

I also met with Hazel, the Coordinator of Marketing and Communications for the Town. She was also very helpful and offered herself as a starting point for any further information that I may need regarding town business.

So this is great!
Old 2003-12-17, 10:33 AM
Regular User

quote from previous note:
"I also met with Hazel, the Coordinator of Marketing and Communications for the Town. She was also very helpful and offered herself as a starting point for any further information that I may need regarding town business"

Was Hazel able to tell you what might be going in the open space both south side & north side of Main St. Also would should be able to clear up the rumors about the movie theater & Wal-Mart...Also where we they be putting the newly build Lablaws
Old 2003-12-17, 01:45 PM
Administrator

I will ask her at my next opportunity.
Old 2003-12-17, 03:24 PM
Regular User

Default Meeting

Hello all. I believe the new (expensive as always :roll: ) Loblaws will be built at the corner of Thompson/ Main, along with other retail. I hope we get a No Frills in the future. Milton needs more grocery stores, not to mention a new Canadian Tire that doesn't close at 6pm during weeknights. LOL
Either way, it should be a fairly large strip mall at that corner.
Along Main St. (near Bristol Park) and Harris there might be an elementary school built and some retail. As far as the train, looks like Fourth Line (James Snow) will be expanded east and then south just before the rail tracks. Hopefully they will build an underpass to avoid the constant blowing of the horn. It's shaping up to be a nice community. Should hold a very good value in the future. :)

Cheers!
sidb
Old 2003-12-17, 04:00 PM
Administrator

And underpass of the railroad tracks is proposed for Thompson. If it does happen, the earliest will be 2006.