Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2009-02-22, 11:02 AM

Default Country Homes in Milton

My Fiance and I have been looking at the Country Homes Milton Ridge Towns. There are 2 town units left right now and the sales rep at the office was saying they were originally sold, but then the original purchasers got turned down for thier mortgage, so they are back up for sale. This sounded a little fishy, but we do love the location within the development...they back onto a small pond, and a small park accross the street...but were wondering if the builder was reputable.

There has been alot of interesting converstion in a previous thread about the delays when construction for phase 1 was starting, but does anyone have further insights into this? how has it been dealing with country homes? Has communication been good? How has the interior selection process gone? Does anyone know of someone living in a current Counrty Homes development somewhere else that might have some insight?

We are first time home buyers, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Much!

Last edited by Patman; 2009-02-22 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2009-02-22, 03:51 PM
Regular User

I purchased my house the same way it sounds like you might. The builder was sold out so I just asked them to take my name down in case anything became available. Two people didn't get their financing approved, so they phoned me a week later that there were two lots now available. My aunt has also purchased from Country Homes in Milton and her husband worked with the builder, I don't think there is anything fishy... they just probably got some inventory from people who either didn't get financing or backed out of their deals. On the other hand, there have been delays with the construction of those, but that happens a lot with all builders.
Old 2009-02-22, 09:10 PM

Hi Patman.
We bought a house across the street from the townhouses. Our closing is in September. Dealing with Country Homes has been great so far. The salesman were very helpful. They allowed us to take the house offer to our lawyer without a deposit and held the house for a week. We have been into the houses that they are building on Fourth Line. I like what I see. We have been to the Decor centre and have picked out a few thing already. Melanie was very helpful in picking our upgrades. Sometimes it takes a while for her to get back to us, but we do have some time before the house is built. Everyone I talk to seems to think highly of Country Homes. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 2009-03-12, 09:45 PM

Default Anxious

My wife and I are also first time homebuyers. We have purchased a Milton Ridge townhome and our original closing was last October. We went by the site and the sales office last Sunday and were told that our home would finally close in June-July. We passed by the site and the pond is there as well as the streets and streetlights but they have not started digging yet. Does anyone have any more information in regards to actual closing dates. We are worried that the foundation has not yet been done and don't think that it will close by June-July.
Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 2009-03-25, 07:15 PM

hey
my husband, son and i are upgrading from a condo apartment to a Country Homes townhouse. We're really looking forward to having a basement!
The closing said September this year but i really wonder what the likelihood that it will be finished by then....i drive through the site a couple times a week and i saw a few forums built and concrete laid, so they're steadily moving, i hope!
anyway just wanted to meet some new neighbours! ))
Old 2009-03-25, 10:42 PM
Regular User

Hey! Amyface. We moving soon in your area. How old is your son ? The public elementary school from k-8 will be not at Hawthorne Village P.S
Old 2009-03-26, 02:12 PM

hi momthumb!
my son will only be 2 this april so he won't be going to school for a couple of years yet.
are you moving in a country homes house?
Old 2009-03-26, 11:07 PM

We were to close in September, but we have found out that we have been moved back to November. The foundation wont be started until July. We are on Menefy Place. Any one else?
Old 2009-03-28, 10:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopie1 View Post
We were to close in September, but we have found out that we have been moved back to November. The foundation wont be started until July. We are on Menefy Place. Any one else?
MENEFY PLACE .That's not bad name is it right? How wide f lot you got (36',37',38' ).Foundation start 3 detached house on this street?(maybe lot #173,172,171)on 38'wide lot

Last edited by momthumb; 2009-03-28 at 10:37 PM.
Old 2009-03-28, 10:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyface View Post
hi momthumb!
my son will only be 2 this april so he won't be going to school for a couple of years yet.
are you moving in a country homes house?
Hi AMYFACE ! of course.On MENEFY PLACE .What's up on this street ?Still quite ?Your son almost 2 .That why you don't care about where the school When the closing day ?

Last edited by momthumb; 2009-03-28 at 10:28 PM.