Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Technology and Electronics

Home Technology and Electronics To discuss the technology that is going into your home from planning, wiring, hardware and usage.

Old 2015-08-18, 04:01 PM
Regular User

Default xbox one with digital tv box

Hi all, I have an xbox one and it has an HDMI input. This is so you can run an hdmi cable from your digital TV box and then from the xbox one hdmi out to your TV. I have a Rogers nextbox 3. Does anyone have it setup like this? What can you do with it like this?
Old 2015-12-14, 02:57 PM
Regular User

I'm hoping you found a solution to this. On my system I have all the HDMI inputs go to my TV and then an optical cable from the TV to my sound system. It works great with all of my games and my rogers box.
Old 2015-12-14, 02:59 PM
Regular User

whats your question exactly? The only purpose to it afaik is it allows you to change to tv without actually changing the tv input. Its part of xboxs strategy to be a home entertainment system rather than just a gaming console.
Old 2015-12-14, 04:11 PM
Regular User

I just wanted to know if anyone has their TV plugged into their Xbox One via the HDMI po rts and if so, what's this good for? well I did it that way and basically watching TV is an app on the xbox. so whether you are watching TV or playing xbox, you don't have to change the source on your TV. the downside is that you always have to have your xbox one turned on to watch TV. I got sick of having to turn on the xbox to watch TV, so I disconnected it and plugged it in the traditional way.
Old 2015-12-14, 04:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homie27 View Post
I just wanted to know if anyone has their TV plugged into their Xbox One via the HDMI po rts and if so, what's this good for? well I did it that way and basically watching TV is an app on the xbox. so whether you are watching TV or playing xbox, you don't have to change the source on your TV. the downside is that you always have to have your xbox one turned on to watch TV. I got sick of having to turn on the xbox to watch TV, so I disconnected it and plugged it in the traditional way.
I agree, seems kind of gimicky. I guess they want you to have a kinect so you just have to say xbox on haha.
Old 2015-12-15, 08:50 AM
Regular User

soon my son will have that. but I still won't hook it up that way.