Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2006-07-10, 12:40 PM
Regular User

Default too many grey houses?

How does everyone feel about the number of grey houses in our subdivision?
There are a number of them side be side. I think on one of the streets there is atleast five in a row.
I know mattamy did not allow for this to happen in hawthorne village as you never see the same brick beside one another.
Old 2006-07-10, 02:53 PM
Regular User

Hi Mike and Elizabeth,

When we purchased our home in March of 2005 we were told by Rafi that your neighbour could not and would not have the same colour brick as your home. We were shocked to see the amount of grey bricked homes on the second entrance to Holdsworth Cres as well.

There is obviously some confusion.
Old 2006-07-10, 04:54 PM
Regular User

We were by the site this past Saturday and my wife and I were commenting on how many grey and grey/black houses their were. I also thought Rafi had mentioned that the same brick would not be side-by-side. We have the same model as one of our neighbours I'm just hoping we do not have the same colour brisk as well!
Old 2006-07-10, 07:59 PM
Regular User

We actually chose grey brick as well... I guess it's a popular colour!

From what I remember, there are 3 types of grey though... there is the all grey brick with black garage and front door, a grey brick with a few black bricks here and there with a purple garage and front door, and then there is a grey brick with yellowish tint.

I haven't been out there enough to notice if they are exactly the same brick though, but from what Rafi told me, our neighbor couldn't have the same brick style, but if someone chose all grey, and the grey with black that was ok.

Hope this makes sense!
Old 2006-07-10, 11:50 PM
Regular User

I was just going to post what Christina posted - Rafi told us that we couldn't pick the one colour our neighbour chose, but one of the other two grey colours was fine.

We're another one that chose grey. I honestly wish they had better brick colours to choose from - I hate grey. We had grey for our other house, and I always found it so boring. I wanted a nice brown or red, but the colour choice really sucked with Sundial. Oh well - Gary wanted grey anyways, so I guess he won that battle!