Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Basement Finishing and Renovations

Basement Finishing and Renovations Has it been 2 years already? Time to work on finishing the basement into some extra living space.

Old 2014-04-22, 07:28 AM
Regular User

I noticed the pictures you put up on the Homestars website. I can't get over how inconsistent the spray is. Some locations appear to be 2" while other spots are missed or are obviously way too thin.

I'm having my basement SF'd in a few months so I may just wear my respirator and stay with them as they do it. Not that I'm any expert but if it looks like those pics you posted - yike.
Old 2014-04-24, 01:00 AM
Regular User

Those were two of the worst spots...except for the 6' of rim joist and one entire wall in the cold cellar they missed the first time around.

I got the worst spray foam guy in North America. Mario told me he was sending his "best guy". I got a 6 month newbie instead. My 6-year-old could have done a better job.

The second guy he sent was really good.

Like I said in the review, the first guy spent 2 hours. The second guy was 4 hours fixing it. Mario said the second guy could only spend 1 hour for "touch ups" before he had to leave, lol. Thankfully, he took pride in his work and didn't leave until it was done.
Old 2014-04-25, 12:49 PM
Regular User

Lol sick review