Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-02-26, 06:11 PM
Regular User

Default Stairs from deck in a walk-out house

Hi,

My lovely Dad has offered to pay for steps down from deck as we will have a walk-out. He doesn't want to have to take his coffee all the way through the basement to get to the garden when he comes to visit once a year!!!

It was an issue for me too, steps from the deck to the garden were the first thing on my list to do....we were driving in Barrhaven and I noticed some walkouts with them and they looked ok.

I don't know if it's something that my husband can do himself or worth paying someone else for. Does anyone have an idea of cost, recomendations on where to go if we don't do it ourselves? Also suggestions of where to put the stairs, we were thinking of taking them off the side of the deck and along the side of the house rather than going into the garden?

We were also wondering if at the same time we should get the deck extended across the whole width of the house or maybe leave that until we have more money!!

Thanks for any advice!
Melanie